White 98 LX

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay so this thread will be for my 1998 civic Lx..the car is auto and my DD so the plans are short for the time being.

So Far:
type r grill
mugen Front lip
03 Si Wheels
led tail lights( most hate but i like for now)
99-00 front end conversion
40% tint all around
Replace the cat with bigger one
New oem manifold exhaust

Plans:
Repaint
si headlights
Fog lights
JDM side markers
mugen rear lip
coilovers
Skunk2 LCA's
Skunk2 tie bar

so im on the fence about the swap because i have plans to do a full build on a 99 ex coupe 5 speed at a later date. and my cars a DD so i cant have it down for more than a day. idk if its even a good idea since im getting a 5 speed car anyway..let me know what you think..your opinions can make this build alot bigger so speak up

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update: Whats in the box.

Got my fog lights should have them in soon

emerican

Registered VIP
If you are gonna get another car anyway i wouldnt do any serious swap work to this one. It will make your life alot easier to have a reliable dd that you know you can get in and go to work in. Have the other car for the project/swap/build. IMO its always hard to do a serious build on a dd and you said it yourself you cant afford to have it down longer than a day or too.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Plans:
Repaint
si headlights
10k HID
Fog lights
8K Fogs
JDM side markers
mugen rear lip
coilovers
skunk2 LCA's
BWR subframe brace
5 speed swap( maybe)
strut bars
greddy exhaust(maybe)
All of that is a waste if you plan on building another car.
Leave the DD as just that, a daily driver. Make it reliable and good enough to get you around to where you need to go.
Why put all that time and money into it, when that money can be put towards your actual build car?

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All of that is a waste if you plan on building another car.
Leave the DD as just that, a daily driver. Make it reliable and good enough to get you around to where you need to go.
Why put all that time and money into it, when that money can be put towards your actual build car?
Well the list had those items bcuz i was on the fence about the 5 speed swap on this car...but as of now im just adding fogs, getting it painted and getting lca..all of this is just for looks..and i mights get a new oem exhaust. But thats as far as im going with this car. Im getting the other car some time in the summer I hope.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What are your plans with the other car if you do end up getting it?
i want a bone stock ej8 or em1...swap a b series or K series( if i get my promotion my pay will double and I'll be able to afford it)..full suspension upgrade..re-design the interior(seats,carpet, door panel, custom fabric, interior lighting,etc) paint job and bay paint job a popping color..(inspired by 2slo4u) mugen lips spoiler...CF Hood and door handles..for wheels either Enkei PF01 or Volks GT V...as far as the engine i plan to keep it all motor althought i do plan to boost the D before swapping the engine..once the build is decent i want to get into racing..autocross as a start and then drag once its fully build.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im gonna do both..boost the D and drive it till I either blow it up cuz somethng dumb happins or swap it when im ready to go all motor...the only reason I want to boost the D is bcuz I want to get the most out of both engines instead of just tossing the sohc for the dohc..and I hear boosted D's can be alot of fun.

James315

great plans for the project car but i agree with evryone about the current car i wouldnt do much to it if you want to a dd maybe little stuff wheels suspension just stuff like that thats just my opinion though clean car btw

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea the only thng left it paint and Lca's..and thanks

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Small update...had to buy another mugen lip becuz I ruin mines trying to drive up this dumb hill..got it last week and dropped it off to a friend for paint who works at a body shop..and got a good deal bcuz he's only charging me for materials which isnt much at all...nice to have ppl who look out.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Small update...had to buy another mugen lip becuz I ruin mines trying to drive up this dumb hill...
Small blessing in disguise.
I would have saved the money and not gotten it.
Real or replica, IMO, that lip looks out of place on it.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like how the car looks with the lip and I've gotten use to it..im not lowered so the lip helps fill the gap.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I have a few small updates for the car.. Painted the value cover and put my stock headlights back in an gave the eBay projectors to my cousin....just put in some 4k bulbs and picked up a headlight polishing kit bcuz they are haze as FUK... Still waiting to get the lip back from the paint shop...I'll post pics later