Who makes the best short shifters....is there really a difference???

jacksplat

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B&M all the way they know for there short stick

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Skunk2 and ES shifter bushings all the way bitches! hehe, thats what I'm running anyways and I think its :smokin:

DangerousMonkey

5+ Year Member
i was planning on getting the skunk2, just because of the company's reputation. DC has a reputation for more of a show car approach (pretty, less durable parts) while skunk2 is more racing-minded

i do have a question for you guys who have shifters installed tho, what is the difference in the 1 or 2 bends? do they look different from the console? does it change the throw? or is it only for fitment inside the console? pictures would be awesome

thanks guys,
DM =)

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Click Me

Hurst for teh single bend :thumbs up
I've seen those, but what he talks about seems to be radically different. That link above is just a regular short shifter.. what's so different about that?

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still don't understand why people think stock Honda throws are so long.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Revolver said:
I still don't understand why people think stock Honda throws are so long.
i dont, but a short shifter still makes shifting SO much nicer, more smooth and precise..... once you get a short shifter you really dont go back.

and the hurst is has the flat arm that looks REALLY good installed.

i never said it was some radical insane spiney shifter with horns and s**t... i just said it was unique

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
i dont, but a short shifter still makes shifting SO much nicer, more smooth and precise..... once you get a short shifter you really dont go back.

i never said it was some radical insane spiney shifter with horns and s**t... i just said it was unique
lmao Mine has horns....

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:

The design is just like any other shifter. I could care less about it's flat uniqueness. Just thought you might have stumble onto some really different type of design that works better.

typeRrice14

^ such a ricer...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a toss up between skunk2 and b&m. i have b&m right now on my car and i love it but i've also drive my friends cars who have skunk2. i would say go with the skunk2 IF the money willl allow it (plus the shift knob is awesome looking) but if not go get a b&m and throw a nice and heavy shift knob on it like JDM CTR like i've got. woot for me

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DangerousMonkey said:
i was planning on getting the skunk2, just because of the company's reputation. DC has a reputation for more of a show car approach (pretty, less durable parts) while skunk2 is more racing-minded

i do have a question for you guys who have shifters installed tho, what is the difference in the 1 or 2 bends? do they look different from the console? does it change the throw? or is it only for fitment inside the console? pictures would be awesome

thanks guys,
DM =)
The dual bend just puts the shifter closer to you. Doenst really change anything other than the distance you have to reach for it and then over all distance into your top gears. I've got the dual and and would recommend it.

BosanskaTrava

TYPE R
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im waiting in for my B&M duel bend that i bought off of ebay for 45 bucks shipped... i gotta order some bushings... any suggestions?......... and im gonna get the Skunk 2 weighted shift knob.. thing looks dope

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya i have heard really good about skunk2 and B&M. like everyone else is sayin.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i recently got a Skunk2 dual bend and its matched to a Spoon shift knob..also got ES bushings..its incredible!

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've got the skunk2 w/ weighted knob and its nice, right there so not that big of reach

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Skunk2 is a great shifter. I have the dual bend and some bushings for it. Love It

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i;ve heard it dun really make any difference...other than the fact that it might break or sumthin...
but what do i know i dun have a shortshifter..:what:

JDMsta

CC's Assologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like my Skunk2 Dual Bend....Feels real nice, price is up there, but you get what u pay for.