why do you disrespect police officers?

CDubs

Registered VIP
This post says it all. I have had about 7-8 encounters with police officers. All of them had to do with ME. Not that I had necessarily done something wrong, but they are DOING THEIR JOB. They showed up at my house one time when I had the Camaro. Somebody had called in a maroonish Camaro fishtailing around town, so they came knocking on my door. I was still respectful, and even though they seemed weary.....they respected me as well.

Another time I was on church property that I wasnt supposed to be on after dark, cops were called because people in the area were supposedly lighting s**t on fire. Which we were NOT doing, we were simply playing a joke on my friend. But they showed up, asked 2 or 3 questions. I was TOTALLY honest with them, let them know the whole story of what we were doing. They asked for my license, ran it, came back and just asked us to leave because we werent supposed to be there after dark.

If you treat them with respect, and show them honesty....they will treat you with respect back.
that is a valid point, i treat the officers i encounter with respect even if they dont give it to me, most of the time its very true that you treat the officer with respect you get respect back, but not always

my friend was driving his mazda hatch with me in the passenger seat, he was speeding and got pulled over, was very polite respecful and admitted he was wrong he knew he was doing it and all that, but the officer was just really pissed off and yellin at him and what not, i can understand a stern lecture about how speeding is dangerous, unsafe, and laws regarding the reckless driving (in our state anything 20 over the lmit is considered reckless and sent to court) we were doing 15 over on the highway, and the cop marked him down for 25 over for no reason, my friend addmited to it all as soon as the cop said do you know why i pulled you over, he was still respectful after all the s**t the cop gave him and yelled at him sayin he could arrest us (yes me too just for being in the car) but just because we respected him and was polite dosent mean we go it in return

this is only a once in a blue moon moment though,

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Does it matter? Yeah, it fackin' matters. Ignorance is a bliss. You must be white.

All your little pretty words means squat to the other person on the receiving end of a bat stick or racial profiling or whatever because of his/her ethnicity/color.

Something you will never understand.
Oh, I understand. The big ol' white man be holdin' you down! :roll:

JdmPrncss

I ♥ NYGraFFit :)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I treat them as they treat me... The only bad experience I have had with them is my boyfriend was driving my car, I was in the passenger seat, and we got pulled over for my inspection (Couldn't get it inspected bc of my suspention, so it was rejected). The cop starts making sexual jokes about me "hooking my bf up" when he fixes my car. So I called and reported him, don't know what ever happened about it though...

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've never disrespected one actually. At the end of the day, its just not worth it, simply not. what do you get out of it? nothing, just a higher heart beat. f**k that.

Now, if the ociffer disrespects the civilian, then it could get interesting.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I treat them as they treat me... The only bad experience I have had with them is my boyfriend was driving my car, I was in the passenger seat, and we got pulled over for my inspection (Couldn't get it inspected bc of my suspention, so it was rejected). The cop starts making sexual jokes about me "hooking my bf up" when he fixes my car. So I called and reported him, don't know what ever happened about it though...
Was the cop Biz? :lol:

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Right. But what I like about the last couple people who posted is.....it seems they have had a genuinely poor experience, but it hasnt tainted their view on police as a whole.
right, i didnt mean all cops were dicks just cuz a few are, sorry if thats how it came across. but i know alot of cops that are really cool people, do their job well, and are liked by almost everyone. but theres always the exeption lol. i have no problems with cops in general. as long as they do their job and do it correctly they are good in my book

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
right, i didnt mean all cops were dicks just cuz a few are, sorry if thats how it came across. but i know alot of cops that are really cool people, do their job well, and are liked by almost everyone. but theres always the exeption lol. i have no problems with cops in general. as long as they do their job and do it correctly they are good in my book
I did not get that impression at all from your post. I was just stating that quite a few people had the "exception that proves the rule" feeling, just as you do. I like that. They understand that just because ONE cop is flawed, does not mean that they all are.
Who said it was? Stop assuming but at the same time don't be ignorant about it because it's not happening to you.
Ignorant? Dude it doesnt happen. 1 out of every 3 black people is in some phase of the criminal justice system. You think that is because this countries criminal justice system is racist against races other than white people? No. Its because 1 out of 3 black people get convicted of committing a crime. Take off your tin foil hat and stop throwing the race card.

Nosepicker

5+ Year Member
Report them. If you see an officer breaking the law, report them. You have the right to ticket an officer. Take down the license plate number, and any other identifiable markings, time and date, go to the court house and do what needs to be done to file a ticket.
Have you seen that documentary of a news crewman who tried to file a complaint? He basically got harassed for trying to complain.

Cops watch each other's back. Your complaint, in a small town, will most likely not get published/processed as was the case when this crewman tried. I believe he got arrested and threatened several times for just wanting to file a complaint.

Our law enforcement is a joke.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Please, I eat whitees for breakfast at work and pound white girls cuz the "big ol' white man" ain't so BIG if you catch my drift. LMAO!
Hey, can I get your welfare check?

Nosepicker

5+ Year Member
Ignorant? Dude it doesnt happen. 1 out of every 3 black people is in some phase of the criminal justice system. You think that is because this countries criminal justice system is racist against races other than white people? No. Its because 1 out of 3 black people get convicted of committing a crime. Take off your tin foil hat and stop throwing the race card.
1 out of 3? Where the hell are you pulling those numbers? Don't give me statistics. You're not talking to an uneducated person.

You're jumping from one extreme to another. Apples and oranges, my friend.

The point I'm trying to make is racial profiling/harassment is VERY common among non-whites. Whether you want to believe it or not, THAT'S FACT! Again, like I said, just because it hasn't happened to you (I don't know your ethnicity) doesn't mean it hasn't happened to A LOT of people out there.

Here's another example, a local judge in our town was known as a racist. All the lawyers knew this because every case, where the defendant was black, was lost. So, If the defendants were black, the lawyers asked for their case to be transferred to another court. Eventually the judge retired and the lawyers partied and flocked the courts with defendants who were black.

Racism/racial profiling/blah blah blah is still alive....even in our law enforcements.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1 out of 3? Where the hell are you pulling those numbers? Don't give me statistics. You're not talking to an uneducated person.

You're jumping from one extreme to another. Apples and oranges, my friend.

The point I'm trying to make is racial profiling/harassment is VERY common among non-whites. Whether you want to believe it or not, THAT'S FACT! Again, like I said, just because it hasn't happened to you (I don't know your ethnicity) doesn't mean it hasn't happened to A LOT of people out there.

Here's another example, a local judge in our town was known as a racist. All the lawyers knew this because every case, where the defendant was black, was lost. So, If the defendants were black, the lawyers asked for their case to be transferred to another court. Eventually the judge retired and the lawyers partied and flocked the courts with defendants who were black.

Racism/racial profiling/blah blah blah is still alive....even in our law enforcements.
no offense but racial profiling is done for a reason. if more whites were committing crimes then they would pull more of them over. thats like the people bitching about the arizona law being racist. most of the illegals in this country are hispanic. does that mean they should go pull over a bunch of asian people and check them? no. let the flaming commence on me for being 'Racist'

Nosepicker

5+ Year Member
no offense but racial profiling is done for a reason. if more whites were committing crimes then they would pull more of them over. thats like the people bitching about the arizona law being racist. most of the illegals in this country are hispanic. does that mean they should go pull over a bunch of asian people and check them? no. let the flaming commence on me for being 'Racist'
Just so you know, the reason behind the profiling law in Arizona is because that state has a high volume of illegal immigrants crossing the border hence the law which is understandable. They didn't introduce the law just for the hell of it.

Most of the illegals here are Mexicans? Just because this country borders Mexico most of the illegals are Mexican? WTF? You uneducated racist, have you considered what country borders above ours?

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word:

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Most of the illegals here are Mexicans? Just because this country borders Mexico most of the illegals are Mexican? WTF? You uneducated racist, have you considered what country borders above ours?
you over dramatic stereotypical __(insert race here)__ You really do think the white man is out to get you don't you. Well its true. YOU need to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHFUH_frhBw. Its not just the white man. Clayton Bigsby has it in for you too.

Edit: Woogie Boogie!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unless Hardcore edited his post, he never said Mexicans. His post clearly says Hispanics.

With that being said, you seem offended by the reality that the majority of illegal immigrants that come to USA are from Mexico.

The illegal immigrant population of the United States in 2008 was estimated by the Center for Immigration Studies to be about 11 million people, down from 12.5 million people in 2007.[2] According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005, 57% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico; 24% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America;[3] 9% were from Asia; 6% were from Europe; and 4% were from the rest of the world.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_States

I really don't think Canada is as corrupt and poor as Mexico. I think not, hence the reason Canadians are not dying(literally) to cross the border.