Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^
that's what annoys me a lot, i think. "oh, it's so much more secure"... yeah huh.

i'm also curious why i'm told that i should have a mac for my art and graphics work? that's totally confuses me.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all i care for is ipods

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^
that's what annoys me a lot, i think. "oh, it's so much more secure"... yeah huh.

i'm also curious why i'm told that i should have a mac for my art and graphics work? that's totally confuses me.
The use of a different programing language makes macs more secure in general then a windows based pc. This is also true with a linux machine. These machines are not immune they are just less likely to get viruses. How about this. Is a 1983 Ford PInto more secure then a RHD 96 Civic hatch in Los Angeles? I would argue that is is because people desire to steal or to break into the civic more then the Pinto. The same goes with Macs. They are not bullet proof. They don't magicly repeal hackers. They are a solid computer build with an excellent user friendly operating system.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The use of a different programing language makes macs more secure in general then a windows based pc. This is also true with a linux machine. These machines are not immune they are just less likely to get viruses. How about this. Is a 1983 Ford PInto more secure then a RHD 96 Civic hatch in Los Angeles? I would argue that is is because people desire to steal or to break into the civic more then the Pinto. The same goes with Macs. They are not bullet proof. They don't magicly repeal hackers. They are a solid computer build with an excellent user friendly operating system.
More secure? They are the first operating systems to be cracked at Hacking conventions. Hell, someone hacked into one in less than 30 minutes, that was including getting root access.

The ONLY reason Mac's haven't had any BIG viruses or botnets is because of their market share, it's more sense to attack Windows machines since they have the biggest share, now that Apple is starting to get market share, it's time to welcome them to the big boy playground where it's going to start happening to them.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More secure? They are the first operating systems to be cracked at Hacking conventions. Hell, someone hacked into one in less than 30 minutes, that was including getting root access.

The ONLY reason Mac's haven't had any BIG viruses or botnets is because of their market share, it's more sense to attack Windows machines since they have the biggest share, now that Apple is starting to get market share, it's time to welcome them to the big boy playground where it's going to start happening to them.
Um that's the point he just made himself if I'm not mistaken....(pinto vs Civic)

xx2000CIVICxx

5+ Year Member
the only items i have bought from Apple is the iPod. and the only reason its even worth getting an ipod is because iTunes contains abundant amounts of songs. songs that i cant find anywhere else (legally that its).

but they never stand by there products. i have had 3 ipods break right after the warranty goes out but they do nothing to help (unless them suggesting to buy a new on is help)

and another thing i dont like is that with this new 4g iphone. they have to purposely drop a prototype somewhere and let it be discovered, to promote a phone? come on, if apple was that great they wouldn't do pathetic things like that to promote a new phone.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the only items i have bought from Apple is the iPod. and the only reason its even worth getting an ipod is because iTunes contains abundant amounts of songs. songs that i cant find anywhere else (legally that its).

but they never stand by there products. i have had 3 ipods break right after the warranty goes out but they do nothing to help (unless them suggesting to buy a new on is help)

and another thing i dont like is that with this new 4g iphone. they have to purposely drop a prototype somewhere and let it be discovered, to promote a phone? come on, if apple was that great they wouldn't do pathetic things like that to promote a new phone.
bro, really? you are complaining because after your warrenty expires a company wont fix your product? That isn't how the world works.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How is that pathetic, it's actually insanely effective.

bmxican

5+ Year Member
I bought a new macbook for college, this thing is so nice, and gets anything done. It being one of the newest ones when it came out, It had some hardware problems, I even told them it was dropped from about 2 feet and they overnighted it to there place, and sent me a brand new one a day later, and gave me a $100 i tunes card and extra cables and a charger. All free of charge and i still have a 1 year warranty on it.