Why do you hate Apple so much?

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I hate my iPhone officially. The powercord that it came with is a pos and the hard drive I originally sync'd with is toast and I can't figure out how to sync it with another without losing all my s**t. The "community" at apple discussions doesn't help for s**t and now I can't even log back in to the MFer to see if my question is solved or not. Oh and AT&T is slow as s**t.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I hate my iPhone officially. The powercord that it came with is a pos and the hard drive I originally sync'd with is toast and I can't figure out how to sync it with another without losing all my s**t. The "community" at apple discussions doesn't help for s**t and now I can't even log back in to the MFer to see if my question is solved or not. Oh and AT&T is slow as s**t.
Sounds like the problem is the hard drive that is fried not the iPhone

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The iPhone doesn't use a physical hard drive, it uses NAND flash. You've already lost all your s**t.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Jason....simmer son simmer. while simmering, help me decide between an iphone4 and a droid x

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jason....simmer son simmer. while simmering, help me decide between an iphone4 and a droid x
gee i wonder what route jason is going to take you down lol

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the iPhone 4 has made a big jump, and has gained alot of respect for me, but the antenna issue IS a pretty big issue. Wait to see what their fix is, and if it's something reasonable and is fixable by software or firmware updates, and you ALREADY have an AT&T contract, go with the iPhone 4. If you don't have a contract and trying to decide, Droid X.

The Droid X's screen is bigger, it has a better camera for taking pictures and video, has an HDMI out, and FM radio.

The iPhone 4 has front camera, and cool looks.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've worked with a quad-core MacPro for high-end video and compositor effects rendering before. Had it along side an older PowerPC G4 that I wasn't too impressed with. Ran both machines in tandem with a custom setup to do complex renders. The MacPro was extremely fast, and the G4 was brain-numbingly slow.

For the most part, the Apple products could take the stress. The OSX filing and organizing systems were invaluable to my time as a video editor/effects artist. The only problems I had were associated with making different types of software run at the same time and behave well; they would often compete for the memory space, and often times the native Intel-based or Motorola-based software would win over the non-native program, depending on the computer.

---

I've owned an iPhone for over a year now. Clean, simple, and easy to use without getting bogged down by a lot of the power-user clutter. Myself being a power user, I actually don't want to think about any of that stuff when I'm using my phone. For where I am at right now in life, it fits just fine. Would I change? Sure, but it would depend on the situation.

It's a pain in the ass sometimes when Apple highly restricts the customizable features in their products. The phone's issues are fairly easy to bypass with a jailbreak. I've been multi-tasking and picture-texting for over a year now [now standard features of the OS3 and OS4 upgrades].

---

I've used PCs in my personal life for years. PCs last about six or seven months with me before I wipe the drives and start from scratch all over again. Just the way I do business. Currently I'm using a Panasonic Toughbook that I recovered from a throw-away pile. Paid 200 bucks for it, installed a fresh copy of XP, and it's been a great companion computer since then. Perfect for working outside with me on the car.

PCs are just like knives that get dull with use. Every now and then you need to sharpen them up, and rebuild your registry.

---

Ubuntu has been my old standby for several years now. It plays well with Mac and Windows. It can be a pain to set up and a real chore to maintain, but whenever I use it I always get the results I'm looking for.

---

Summary? A computer is a computer, and an OS is just an OS. It's just a big pencil. I like them all.

Props to Apple for their highly effective marketing machine. Love them or hate them, it's impossible not to recognize their cultural impact.

It's just a computer.

And yes, I do think Apple dorks are annoying, despite owning and being quite fluent in Mac's Unix-based operations.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can tell you how to pull all of your data off your phone. My desire to do so is really low though. Why do people first talk crap instead of asking for help?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can tell you how to pull all of your data off your phone. My desire to do so is really low though. Why do people first talk crap instead of asking for help?
iPhone 4 users WERE going to get help for their reception issues, and were told it wasn't an issue, not to worry about it, then a month later, Apple releases a statement saying "Oh, this is now an issue."

It's a complete design failure on that part, and they took their sweet time admitting it, and then their fix is "Not to hold the phone that way" and "Buy this case from us for 30 dollars."

It's great. To use our phone, you have to hold it a certain way, otherwise, you get crappy reception. Our tip: Don't hold it like a normal phone.

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I actually praised apple in the beginning of the thread. Why do people talk to others in third person like this?

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
iPhone 4 users WERE going to get help for their reception issues, and were told it wasn't an issue, not to worry about it, then a month later, Apple releases a statement saying "Oh, this is now an issue."

It's a complete design failure on that part, and they took their sweet time admitting it, and then their fix is "Not to hold the phone that way" and "Buy this case from us for 30 dollars."

It's great. To use our phone, you have to hold it a certain way, otherwise, you get crappy reception. Our tip: Don't hold it like a normal phone.
It's not a hardware flaw. It's software. Reading is fundamental. :cool:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2010/07/apple_blames_iphone_4_receptio.html

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, they were caught basically lying to customers, trying to make them think that the phone got better reception?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, they were caught basically lying to customers, trying to make them think that the phone got better reception?
thats a pretty bold assumption youre making. i highly doubt they programmed it to do that on purpose.

Last edited:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats a pretty bold assumption youre making. i highly doubt they programmed it to do that on purpose.
It makes sense. the iPhone 3G was having reception issues, why wouldn't they do something to make the phone seem like it's having better reception than it really is.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
because its extremely bad for business if they get caught. im not saying its not possible... maybe like a 2% chance they did it on purpose.

edit: especially now days when companies dont know wtf morals are anymore... but i still give apple the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well my iphone is being gay , the home button basically quit, waiting on my iphone 4 come in. should be here this week,really didnt want another iphone but since mine f**ked up, they gave me a good deal on a new one -shrug-

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
because its extremely bad for business if they get caught. im not saying its not possible... maybe like a 2% chance they did it on purpose.

edit: especially now days when companies dont know wtf morals are anymore... but i still give apple the benefit of the doubt.
This is the same company that said their OS has no security issues, then a week later deploys a security update for an exploit in the OS. This is the same company that said their OS is so secure, yet, it is the first OS to be comprised in hacking conventions, before Windows machines. The only reason they get away with saying it's secure, and how it's basically virus free is because of their market share, now that they are becoming a major player in OS, it'll be time to really see how secure their sacred OS is.