Why do you hate Apple so much?

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
True, xp was good for me. Vista not so much. The problem is there might be too much third party stuff for PCs. Kinda like eBay parts for civics, somethings gonna fudged up.

But Microsoft and the manufactures support isn't the greatest either. A lot of times running a fresh install of xp on a brand name computer without using the mfd disc will leave some onboard accessories useless and the driver search won't find em.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
True, xp was good for me. Vista not so much. The problem is there might be too much third party stuff for PCs. Kinda like eBay parts for civics, somethings gonna fudged up.
Exactly.

But Microsoft and the manufactures support isn't the greatest either. A lot of times running a fresh install of xp on a brand name computer without using the mfd disc will leave some onboard accessories useless and the driver search won't find em.
This is why you should support small businesses that build computers. We (Small businesses) don't have proprietary hardware or drivers. So everything we supply is trusted hardware and drivers, because we cannot afford to be sending out unstable computers, we don't have the cash to be shipping computers back and forth, it already costs my 100 dollars to ship a computer to a customer, I cannot afford to have to pay to ship it back to me and back to the customer. Big business can, they have the money to do it everyday, all day.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
school is where i learned to use and about computers. every computer at every school i've been to has had window's based computers. Maybe that's the reason i now use a "pc" more then a mac. I wonder what it would be like if schools starting using more mac based computers then windows. since i don't own one i can't say i hate anything about one, i dislike the prices.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
school is where i learned to use and about computers. every computer at every school i've been to has had window's based computers. Maybe that's the reason i now use a "pc" more then a mac. I wonder what it would be like if schools starting using more mac based computers then windows. since i don't own one i can't say i hate anything about one, i dislike the prices.
My middle school used all Macs.

Apple would need to offer steep discounts to schools for a lot of the districts to start using them. It's a lot cheaper to order a PC, where we can build a simple one for a school for 300-350 dollars a piece, lower if they order in large quantities.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My middle school used all Macs.

Apple would need to offer steep discounts to schools for a lot of the districts to start using them. It's a lot cheaper to order a PC, where we can build a simple one for a school for 300-350 dollars a piece, lower if they order in large quantities.
Nice
yea. i figured that's part of the reasoning. that's just whole another discussion there.

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol nice ad insert

I use to work for a very small pc company, we actually did more recycling and refurbishing of printers than anything. Unfortunately mom and pop stores can't outsource parts and customer service across the world so they're slowly getting phased out.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'd be surprised how much a company can lose a lot of it's reputation by outsourcing it's customer service and other departments.

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I kinda like Apple products, just not their computers. I had the 2nd gen Ipod and it went threw the washer twice and still worked. I guess you can say its build Ford tough but I think their prices are way to much...

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If I was given an apple laptop for free I would love it but coming out of my own pocket? I'm cool.
I mean think about it. When I was a freshman in college the new MacBook was coming out, the white one. Who bought it? The students parents. I think a lot of the market is for kids and teens and they get their parents to get it.
I bought my iPhone, but I needed a phone and couldn't wait another month for the droid to show up to compare em.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also macbooks are uncomfortable to type on, the edges are sharp and dig into my wrists.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
xp ftw! ive had my pc for over 10years and it still runs good today. just like everything, a little bit of maintenance goes a long way. ive also never bought an antivirus program or firewall, freeware ftw too!

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow. This argument is overly retarded. Why hate apple? For what? Did they steal your sales?

They didn't claim to make the FIRST mp3 player. They claim to be the most popular and have the best interface/OS for an MP3 player. I highly agree. Name me an MP3 player that had the same ease of use? Most MP3 players made now have copied the iPod.

The iPhone. The touch screen ISN'T the MAIN reason why the iphone is so popular. They are popular because they USED the touch screen in MANY INNOVATIVE WAYS. They never claimed to make the first touch screen phone. But they sure are the FIRST to make the touch screen WORTH something. Besides, what touch screen phone have you used that beat their touch screen interface? Most early (even now) touchscreen phones SUCKED. Who cares if it doesn't have a camera, or can't send pictures. Can you're phone check you're bank account? Can you're phone GET RID of you're boredom? Can you're phone do ALL sorts of functions?

I agree, many of these things can be done on you're computer. I honestly have no NEED for an iphone. I don't get bored that often. But people are greedy, they just want cool stuff. But checking you're bank account and other stuff is useful when a computer isn't near.

Apple is great at marketing. People LOVE their applications. Even the droid's applications were rooted from Apple's applications.

No need to be oblivious and hate for no reason.

I love my PC. I don't own a macbook. I don't own an iphone. I have a blackberry. But I can admit that the iphone is tons better. The macbook is cool and all. I just can't afford it. But no need to lie to yourself, their products ARE innovative, BUT NOT necessarily better.

Different strokes for different folks. Their products and their selling points aren't all needed by people. I don't care to own an iphone. But I CAN SEE why it sells.

EDIT:
I'm probably late. LOL. But just getting my point acrossed. No hard feelings towards anyone.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can you're phone check you're bank account? yes, all i have to do is call them and ask
Can you're phone GET RID of you're boredom? yup, i can call my friends and see what they are up to, call a movie theater get a show time, call a restaurant and get a reservation
Can you're phone do ALL sorts of functions? yup, it rings it vibrates it makes calls to other people, it has an answering service it works in many different languages. man the list goes on and on.

Apple is great at marketing. People LOVE their applications. Even the droid's applications were rooted from Apple's applications.fyi, the apps are not made by apple for the most part

:P

Sweet-N-Sour

5+ Year Member
I personally don't mind Apple, partly because it can run a windows OS, i think xp. But then agian i can run windows 7 on a regular PC for about half the cost. Apple are played out...i see more college kids with MacBook than PC now, except all my engineering buddies, and most college kids complain about being broke most of the time, yet they carry a mac. lol. One thing that really bums me about Mac is that they can't play game and even if they can, their not as supported. it's hard enough to meet the requirement to play games on PC, let alone pay for the parts necessary, imagine that on a mac. Also the software most ppls and university uses, including office, cost more or is incompatible with Mac...and lastly but least i'm too lazy to even bother learning a new OS.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can get NeoOffice for free and it opens anything Microsoft office stuff does.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can get NeoOffice for free and it opens anything Microsoft office stuff does.
I use NeoOffice at work because my boss is cheap and won't keep our software updated but I hate it. It's good for opening a lot of different types of files but it messes up the formatting which can be a pain in the ass.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No time to sift through 11 pages of bashing but I love my apple and will continue to buy them.

I have a g5 Imac that has had zero problems in 5 years,

I had a g2 ipod that only had battery problems, this was when NO ONE would come close to 40gb's in a mobile mp3 player

I have a 80gb ipod video that has been great for the 2+yrs i've had it

I have a 21 inch new Imac now and it's great.

Is it the best bang for the buck? Hell no, but it's ease of use and simplicity make it worth it to ME.

The Iphone changed the cell phone world how can anyone argue that?

Apple as non-innovative? That's just ignorant, sorry to say.

I will say that windows 7 does gain some of the gap between win and osx.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i own an ipod video and iPhone 3gs. i love both products to the fullest. and yes im fully aware that my iphone can double up as my ipod but i use them separetely anyway. however i probably will never own a mac

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but it's ease of use and simplicity make it worth it to ME.
yea, that's something that i want to witness myself, hopeuflly i can buy one in the future.