Why remove A/C or cruise control?

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
x2 when i lived in chico i passed up another truck much cheaper than mine because it didnt have a/c .... i go to fresno twice a summer at least these days.
Its pretty damn hot here..... my turbo kit doesn't clear so yeah no AC and I don't want to get a new manifold.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I would keep A/C only... but it's a matter of preference unless you're looking to shave every second off the clock if you track race.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys I got rid of my cc mainly because I bought a 5 speed manual. I was so bored driving my automatic. I took my A/C out cause if it's that hot out lol I'm not going to be outside and I kept my p/s cause I head it's a b***h with out it. I live in the city and have to parallel park every where. And sorry to thread jack but do you need the a/c bracket with the tensioner mount? Do you really need the tensioner mounts? ( the one on the trans and the one on the a/c bracket). Thanks guys.

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I removed only CC and P/S. I never used CC, and I could probably use a little more tone in my arms, but I don't want to sweat while doing it. :D

It also cleaned up the bay, too.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
AC and Cruise control are FTW

I use my cruise control every single day, I couldnt drive without it, actually. I just wish it wasnt so big and ugly in my engine bay.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys I got rid of my cc mainly because I bought a 5 speed manual. I was so bored driving my automatic.
Yeah, but when you're going to be driving at a constant pace for 10+ minutes (all the way up to hours for a long trip) CC is very nice. Holding your foot in a constant position isn't very fun driving anyway.

Xx96CoupexX

5+ Year Member
My car came with A/C, ps and no CC, and the a/c isn't working. I plan on getting it charged next summer since it does get fairly hot sometimes and i dont plan on racing my car on the track. PS comes in handy when you have to PP at University, when spots are tight.

ohsnapzitzmeng

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
omg if its your dd car it doesnt matter cause its not like your going all out yea its nice but in the end when your girl is sweatin your gonna have to roll down the windows and have nasty/bugs air coming in

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
omg if its your dd car it doesnt matter cause its not like your going all out yea its nice but in the end when your girl is sweatin your gonna have to roll down the windows and have nasty/bugs air coming in
Yeah, the girls complain.... opening the window doesn't help. So we just go out at night haha.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PS comes in handy when you have to PP at University, when spots are tight.
How do you know you have power steering?

When you can parallel park with one hand and eat an ice cream cone with the other.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gotta roll with 2-40 A/C. 2 windows down, 40 mph per hour lol

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4-40 is only an option on sedans lol

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, but when you're going to be driving at a constant pace for 10+ minutes (all the way up to hours for a long trip) CC is very nice. Holding your foot in a constant position isn't very fun driving anyway.
bah i drove from ca to wi with no cruise .... sucked but on the truck i have its rare to find a 4cyl with cruise and i wasnt about to buy a 6 to get the cruise and have worse fuel economy.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i take four 700 mile trips a year with my civic and i dont have cruise control. sucks but im used to it now

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
So what are the real benefits of CC & PS? Now that I think about it i really don't use CC. Plus I bought the car manual for a reason, smh so y keep the CC? And what is the real reason of PS? Please help cuz if there's no reason for these im going to remove. I have no a/c and since i have a 97 civic ex i just roll down the windows and open up the moonroof when its hot =)