Why remove A/C or cruise control?

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unless you have nothing but windy roads and mountains which i doubt in louisana or los angeles (wasnt sure on your location) cruise still works on a manual car for road trips ... ive driven manual transmission vehicles to arizona multiple times, and your foot gets tired holding the gas for 600+ miles.

Just because you dont use cruise on a regular basis doesnt mean it doesnt come in handy.

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
I pretty much dont use cruise control period. cuz i bought the car with a different steering wheel, so cruise control is not connected, the wiring is still there for cruise control i just cant use it

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I pretty much dont use cruise control period. cuz i bought the car with a different steering wheel, so cruise control is not connected, the wiring is still there for cruise control i just cant use it
If you can't connect it, then there's no reason to keep it in the car... take it out or make it work.

And what's the reason for PS? So it's not a pain in the ass to steer at low speeds. I thought that was pretty self explanatory.

SGiovanni

5+ Year Member
If you can't connect it, then there's no reason to keep it in the car... take it out or make it work.

And what's the reason for PS? So it's not a pain in the ass to steer at low speeds. I thought that was pretty self explanatory.
Idk how PS got brought into this convo lol OP said A/C and CC

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Idk how PS got brought into this convo lol OP said A/C and CC
Well, it falls under the same concept.

By the way, for those of you who don't know, it's harder to steer a car that's had PS removed vs. one that came from the factory without it.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did mine for the weight reduction, along with all interior that wasn't needed. That was a couple cars ago. The hatch now that i have has everything, thinking about stripping it out in this one. No swap yet in this hatch so no reason for every ounce gone. Like the clean look, and never used them.