wire tuck

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
alright so im wanting to do a wire tuck with the engine in....i know its gonna be a lil harder but o well to late lol...

have some questions though...

1 green- i plan on putting the fuse box either in the glove box or somewhere near their....

2 red- for the wiper motor can i stick it on the inside as well??

3 yellow- i plan on hooking the map sensor on the inside as well.....

4 aqua- what is that canister thing? do i need it? where can i place it? does it matter?

for the battery.....can i just stick it in my trunk and run thick wires to it? whats the deal on battery relocation?

the headlight, fuel injectors, other ecu wires should be easy to hide.....

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Red- is the wiper motor and if you want to keep them I am pretty sure it has to stay.

Aqua- ditch it, you don't need it

Yellow-Green- that is fine.

EF Honda EF

for the map sensor, i would just get a EG throttle body, like off a z6 or something. or i think you can even use a b series. i know i put a GSR throttle body on my z6.

That canister thing just rip out and cap the vacuum nipples on teh intake manifold. if you want to keep wipers then the motor has to stay.

For the fuse box what i did was just unclip it and pull all the wires in through the firewall and then just clipped it all backup and extended the wires for headlights and stuff through the fenders.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thanks guys !!!^^^.....but why cant i disconnect the wires for the wiper motor and then put it on the inside and then reconnect the wires back up?

also another question for the canister- their is a hose that goes from the firewall into the canister what do i do with that hose????

and for the yellow.....i guess their is a charcoal canister.....that hooks up to the big canister what do i do about that hose??

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cause the motor runs the linkage, it has to be mounted there to move the wipers

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks guys !!!^^^.....but why cant i disconnect the wires for the wiper motor and then put it on the inside and then reconnect the wires back up?

also another question for the canister- their is a hose that goes from the firewall into the canister what do i do with that hose????

and for the yellow.....i guess their is a charcoal canister.....that hooks up to the big canister what do i do about that hose??

Nothing, just take it off and call it a day. It's there for emissions. The fire wall hose you see is where the vapors run back to the tank. You may smell a little fuel when removing this but I never did.

EF Honda EF

yea that hose comming out of the firewall is the gases from the fueltank. in my car the hose is just chillen open. i never smell gas. Go ahead and move the wiper motor inside the car.:lol:

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hide the wiper motor inside the cowl

for the battery you need some audio like 4 or 8g wire

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hide the wiper motor inside the cowl

for the battery you need some audio like 4 or 8g wire
its not that easy, its not like a 5 or 6th gen cowl, there is really no access to it.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
its not that easy, its not like a 5 or 6th gen cowl, there is really no access to it.
ah, yea seen ive never done wire tuck on 4th gen

see if u could like mount i lower toward the bottom of the bay where the crossmember is

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cant, the linkage inside the cowl. there really is no way to move that, unless you remove it and go with out wipers

rexman

hondas for life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
can u just put a little bypass cap on the vent line coming from the tank?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im just gonna take the hose off of it^^^ and let it vent into the enginebay.....otherwise idk what to do?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well started on the wire tuck today.....but still got to extend the wires into the fenders for the headlights, and other misc and still gotta work on the inside to hide the wires......so its NOT finished....im also gonna sand the bay and repaint it white again

the inside mess

anyone know how to take off the fenders to hide the wires in it....or how do i tuck them behind the fenders???

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thanks!! ^^^

i got the fenders and bumper off today.....started extending the wires .....tomorrow ill label the wires and run them thru the fenders....got the injector wiring done.... but wow this is time consuming lol