wire tuck

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont tuck or shorten the cable, do you have a SI cable?

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dont worry i have plans to plug up the holes....well i got it started yesterday......turns out my oil feed has ANOTHER leak......this time its actually in the line though and not in the fitting.....
can i ask....did u cheap out on the fittings and line?
ALSO when ever i turn on my headlights (HIDS) it will kill the radio.....well i thought the grounds were to long so i shortened them ALOT and it helped a lil bit.....but it will still kill the radio so im stuck on that part......??? the only weird part is the brights work just fine.....like if i have the car OFF and i flick on the brights they have no probs what soever.....when i turn on the HIDS they will work for about 5 secs.....start to flicker really bad.....and then just turn off.....so im not sure whats up with that yet...
that sounds like a bad ballast with the flickering. can i ask....did you cheap out on the HID kit? Plug N Play ebay HIDs?

as far as the radio goes, thats odd. try testing power to the radio and see if you are losing 12v or if the radio has an internal issue.
when i tried to tuck the throttle cable....well apparently you cant do that.....bc when i went for a drive the idle was stuck at around 2 grand.....its like its not letting it go back to the normal rev.....soo does anyone know where or how to shorten the throttle cable ????
u can't shorten the cable, but u can try other cables. You have an si cable right? DPFI cables are huge.

i ran mine real low behind the engine, and then looped it back up. that cable can bend every which way and still function properly. Try adjusting it at the throttle body or using a different cable holder. i had a PR4 cable holder:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
function7 oil line adapters ftw,

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
got it ^^^^^

um the piece on the turbo is a function 7 adapter piece.....the oil line is a JEGS line so that wasnt the problem.....it just scratched up against the headlight frame when its hot and the engine is pulling....so its how i have it hooked up so thats my fault.....\

the HID kit yes.....its a ebay kit that only cost like 80 bucks lol....

the throttle cable im not sure....its pretty long though so i tried tucking it behind the intake and no luck....i moved it around and still no luck....but once i untuck it so theirs no pull on it ....its just fine.....sooo im not sure if i need to get a SI cable or what.....

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so by just moving the cable, your throttle body opens? try another cable from the junkyard.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yep...like if i give a small pull on the cable it will start to rev to around 2 grand - 2.5 grand .....or if im in the car and i give it gas and rev to around 3.5 grand and let off it will only go down to 2 grand.....then i have to pull up on the gas pedal with my foot to bring it down to 800

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thats not right. get another cable. the cable is designed to do the exact opposite of what you are describing. it also sounds like the throttle body isnt right. it should pull itself shut.

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my car does that too....it sticks at about 1500 rpm until i pull the pedal back with my foot its easy to get use to though so i never bothered with it lol

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i figured it out but thanks man its idling like a champ now without my foot-work lol

93eg93

5+ Year Member
nice job Chaos! I'm planning on doing a tuck on my 93hatch. I found this wire tubing that I will be using to put all the wires through. I'll see if I can get the wiring tubing and post a pic of it.

this write up is really going to help me out on my tuck...

good Job!

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thanks much ^^^^

well got some recent pics....the car runs now but i still need to put on fenders and bumper.....still has a oil leak in the feed line but i bought a new one with a 90 degree angle on it so it doesnt have to go thru the headlight housing anymore.... need to hide the wires on the inside.....and when i get the chance i still need to buy some 4 gauge wire to move the battery to the back.....then ill sand the bay ....tape up some parts ....and paint it white again.....

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would recommend getting a sealed/dry cell battery before moving it into the inside of the car, the gases from the battery is toxic. and you dont want battery acid all over the place.

so get a battery box, and a dry cell battery.

either A
get this http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Battery-Relocator-EF-88-91-CivicCRX-P1902C357.aspx

or B
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+4294925143+4294839060+115+4294862977

and i think that is the only 4th gen ive seen that still has the fender liners, i always remove them

Last edited:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thast the best way to do it, and the safest.

btw, that price dosent include the battery

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lmao....then honestly im probably not gonna do that....the way i have my subs setup the battery fits perfect on the side of it with no movement.....so ill probably just run 4 gauge wire to it.....ill take my luck with the battery toxic lol