You know me lol.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok well. As some of you know. I spun a rod bearing on the 92 lude. I had a motor lined up for a great prrice but the guy wont return my calls now so I figured screw it. I decided to wait until I had enough to order one form tiger Japanese.

Anyway. Sine the lude was my only form of transportation I needed to do something. So I bought me a 1988 Mitsubishi Mighty MAX lol.

Only 120k on it. He's the second owner of the truck. He bought it from a old man that had it for 10 years and only put around 30k on it in that time.
5-speed of course
New water pump
New timing chain
New tensioner
Minimal body rust (surface only)
And the best part..... I only paid $350 for it :shock:

Now I'm sure you all are thinking that is too good to be true. what's the catch. well there is a slight catch to it all. The frame is starting to rot away and in the process of that the rear cross-member broke and took a rear brake line with it. So there are front brakes only.

But for $350 for a truck with lowish miles and fires right up on the first crank on a 6 degree day. You can't beat that. besides it only needs to last me four months or so until I've got the lude back to where I want it. After that who cares. I may sell it or I may build it as a project truck. Not sure yet.

Anyway. Here is a quick pic of the truck. Ill post a few more when my camera is charged lol.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bag that motherfucker!

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bag that motherfucker!
I was actually thinking about going the other direction lol. but nothing really until the lude is back on the road. I did manage to fix the brakes though. kinda. since the rear brakes need new lines and i had no brakes because of it i said screw it and unscrewed the brake line at the prop valve and put a bolt in its place. filled it with fluid and bled the system. whola. brakes work again. fronts only but its better then none lol.

Anyway. here's a few pics of it as it sits. (and yes. thats the lude in all its shamefull sitting:()

and heres and idea of what i had in mind for it.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its 2 wheel drive, why in the world would you lift that thing? makes no sense to me

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very true anything can be had with enough time and money good luck with it whever you start on ot let us know id like to see it
well funny story lol. I kinda went another direction. Or i guess the same direction with a different truck . We took in, as a trade the other day, a 92 mighty max 4x4 with a fuel injected v6. Now supposedly the motor was locked up and the rear diff was messed up. I looked it over and thought. hmm. I could use this as a parts truck. the frame was solid and the 4x4 system appeared to be good. Well. I bought it for $350. I was going to have it towed home but figured. what the hell. throw a jump box on it and see what happens. Sure enough. Fired right up. It was just a fried battery lol. So now ive decided to fix up the 4x4 instead and sell the 2wd to my buddy who wanted it anyway.

as far as this one goes.

its a 92 mighty max
3.0L v6
4x4
5-speed
rear wheel abs (very odd to me)
auto locking front hubs
5 new tires

needs:
fuel line fitting leaks. (just need to change out the spring clamp) (FIXED)
oil leaks everywhere need to be fixed. (both valve covers to start with) (FIXED)
coolant leak (dude didn't take off half of the old gasket when he did the thermostat) (FIXED)
power steering "leak" (kinda helps when there's a cap on the resivor. not just tin foil lol) (FIXED)
Need a seat cover
need a rear drive shaft ( old one is snapped and in the bed. so fwd for now lol)
check engine light just came on. (o2 sensor wires rubbed on frame and cut in half) (FIXED)
front shocks are shot. there's no bushings anymore (FIXED)
idler arm needs new bushings (FIXED)
sway bar end links are just straight up missing (FIXED)
battery is shot ( got a "new" one lol. took a used trade in one from work. charged it up and gave them my crap one lol)

Plans:

same as before. only easier now lol. it already sits about 6" higher and has 4wd.

on the other truck this whole section is pretty much gone. and the rear cross-member right there is gone as well. just has a pole through it lol

all in all i think this truck is in much better shape and a much more solid starting point.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should stop making threads for cars that you own for two weeks... new plan of action, own the car for 6 months dont sell it, crash it, blow the motor on it, and only then can you make a thread about your car ;)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^lol

i love mighty max's though...

well, on the ground atleast..

emerican

Registered VIP
If your going for lifted truck that is a much better base needs a good bit of work it seems like though. I have a friend that goes through cars and trucks like you seem to he trades buys sells crashes and rebuilds so many i never know what hes gonna pull up in.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your going for lifted truck that is a much better base needs a good bit of work it seems like though. I have a friend that goes through cars and trucks like you seem to he trades buys sells crashes and rebuilds so many i never know what hes gonna pull up in.
I second this motion.
4bangin, your the only one ill allow to say that since youve been here long enough to see most of my projects lol. the other two. silence

and the project non of yall have seen that i have kept and been working on for quite some time. my 89 fzr600 (yeah i wasn't joking way back when guys. I do ride) should finally be ready to rid this season. still contemplating whether or not to buy a new cbr or not though and keep this as a backup.

anyway. i'm keeping both trucks. the white one is getting some frame repair done as we speak. then ill do the brakes. then it will just be a dd for a some good gas mileage (damn $3.80 a gallon). the black one is about done mechanically. new drive-shaft will be here Wednesday, got the blower motor wired up properly, replaced the o2 sensor to get rid of the cel, new mirrors are on the way, new corner lights are on the way, new bumpers will be bought here shortly, all the oil leaks have been fixed, and i pressure washed the hell out of the engine bay. all in all its not doing too bad.