You know me lol.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pics of all the progress? Or it didn't happen :P
Well three months late but why not lol. been crazy at the shop lately. Anyway. The black max is done for the most part. Only thing i have left is the drive-shaft. (They sent me the wrong one before. Gotta get mine rebuilt instead) and i still need to rebuild the steering gear. Other then that its good to go. Here's a couple quick pics of the right now. (ill take better pics in the AM.)

As for the white one. Well The frame repairs didn't go over as well as I had hoped. Just didnt have enough good metal left to weld to. So once the right shackle decided to snap I decided to say screw it. Go big or Go home. After many weeks, months of searching. I found another mighty max. Down to pull-a-part I went. Took me and a buddy 6 hours to take a 100% complete truck and strip it to nothing but the frame with nothing but hand tools. Not bad I think. Ill get some pics of the white max in its current state in the morning as well. But here's a sneak preview. (who says you cant haul things in a mini truck lol)

oh and one more thing. Got a "new" bike as well. A buddy of mine was selling his 06 GSXR 750 to buy a Busa so I figured why not lol.

More good stuff to come tomorrow.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK. First the black one.

So far to date the repairs have been:
Fixed the fuel line leak.
Replaced the pitman arm bushings
"Fixed" the holes in the seat
New Kenwood Stereo
New Gauge cluster
New headlights
New wipers
New Battery
Removed the window tint
New Clutch master
Pulled the carpet to ready it for Line-X
New Bedliner

As it it sits:

The white truck:

New battery
Replace entire rear brake system
Cleaned up the engine bay
New gauge Cluster (old one didn't have a tach)
OEM Clock installed
NEW FRAME
Put the radio from the black truck in it (finally has music now lol)
New Bedliner

Also as we are doing the frame swap. We will also be doing the timing belt, water pump, plugs, wires, dizzy cap, rotor, brakes, shocks all around, new shackles, new bushings for the body and suspension, new windshield, and then paint.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
One more quick update on the frame swap. The motors out and the cabs off. Time for some prep work and then reassembly with the new frame.

I also replaced the water pump and did a full tune-up today. And I took off the vc and looked inside the trans. The both appear to have been rebuilt recently. The motor is spotless inside. That explains why the 23 year old engine runs so well and the trans is so tight ans smooth.

Couple quick pics for y'all. (shitty phone)