Your First Car That You Had To Let Go With Tears In Your Eyes.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
So I took my car to smog and heard unbearable news that I didn't want to hear but I had to make the right choice...retired my car. My 4g Honda hatch dx will be remembered. Im keeping the Backlights and Steering wheel cover and the Honda logo. I know I could have done a swap but my situation was tight and for the amount I would spent fixing just one thing in turn bought my new car! which I will place in the show off but for now here's a pic

only a few days left with her...

What about you CC?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Still rocking my first car - 2003 Honda Civic EX. I'll let you know in a few more years ;)

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've had five different cars and I'm only 19. I've never been emotionally attached to a car for the most part. I miss my old del sol though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Had a red 91 DX auto like the one in post #1. Not sure if it brought tears when I got rid of it, but I definitely have always regretted it.

Couple other cars I've been real attached to, but I think the only one so far that I've genuinely felt sad about it that way was when my Caddy got flooded.
After it had been towed to a pickup lot waiting for insurance to get it, I did drop a couple when I was grabbing a few mementos out of it and seeing it get smaller in my rear-view.

Don't have anything from my 91 or 96 DX's, but I still have my key/remote from my 95 GSR, my key/remote and owners manual packet from the Escalade (from '05), and if anything were to ever happen to the S2, I'd keep as much as possible.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been attached pretty much to all the cars i've owned but the one that hurt was a 91 civic hatch...

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine would have to be my first car. 1971 El Camino SS........16 years later and i still miss that car/truck

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
Cars come and go i have had, 6 so far this year
Ek hatch sir2 b16 then poor mans r
Da integra
Dc integra
S10
Ek 2 door shell
Another stock da
And i will be getting a 99 ek 4 door on saturday

Caleb.N

I'm on my 3rd car now, 1st was a vw polo don't miss that 1 at all lol used 2 rape it all the time haha, then my 1st love came along 1997 white Honda ballade vtec unfortunately I wrote that car off saddest moment of my life soon after i sold the car. Now I have a 2000 Honda civic EK hatch I love it and don't see myself selling it at all:D

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My first car was a 97 Civic LX that I got in 2001. It was an automatic and with Y7/Y8 mini-me that I did in about 08. I drove it everyday until 2010 when I snapped a rod. I didn't have any money to put into it at the time so I bought a 2010 Fit which is my current DD. The Civic sat at my parents house for an entire winter without moving and then I did an auto to manual conversion and swapped in a 70 horsepower D15B8 that I got for free from a friend. My brother drove the car like that for about a year and then he got a new Si. After that my dad drove the car for about a year until it came due for emissions (which it can't pass). Now, it's sitting in my garage again, needs body work, needs suspension, needs a motor, but it will be getting all of that as soon as I can afford to put money into a project and will be back on the road soon enough, most likely going the B20 VTEC route.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually shed a tear the day I let go of my '95 Legend coupe. I still miss it 2 years and counting.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've owned six cars since I started driving 10 years ago. First was an 88 EF Sedan, hated that car with a passion. I was like 16-17 driving it, and didn't know a lot about cars. Got in an accident, tore the front bumper off, put it back on with bailing wire. Then, took it to some pisa shop for an oil change. They drained it, and never refilled it/replaced the oil filter. Got two blocks from my house, and it seized. I lol'd.
Next was a 93 EG Coupe EX. LOVED that car. I bought it in mint condition, B&M Short Shifter, AEM intake, with 88k original miles on it. It was flawless, and treated me so well. Was hit by a drunk driver while sitting at a stoplight, which ended up totaling the car completely.
After that, bought a 95 DC2 Coupe with a BAR'd B20 in it. LOVED that car, too (although it had no A/C). It had gawdy altezzas, gawdy 17 inch rims, but it was really clean. I was in the process of de-ricing it when it was stolen.
THEN, I bought the car that really got me more into tuning. Bought a 94 White DC2 Integra Coupe LS, and mildly built/boosted it at 13psi for street. We tuned it more aggressively and got around 314whp out of it, on 91 octane. Car was a monster, and a ton of fun to drive.
The one that really bummed me out, though, was an 04 Evo VIII that I had for MAYBE 2 weeks. I was 19, just broke up with my fiance of 4 years, and needed something to treat myself. Mom co-signed for me on the car with her A+ credit, and I walked in, traded in my 93 EG Coupe (obviously, before it was destroyed lol), and drove off the lot with a 1-year-old, 24k miles Evo, full HKS TB exhaust, Blitz BOV, Typhoon intake, Enkei bronze rims. I had my payments exactly where I wanted them, and my insurance quote from the dealer was killer. 2 weeks into owning it, I get a call from my insurance company. The dealer quoted me as owning a Ralliart, not an Evo. Insurance premium went up like 400%, from $140/mo to $540/mo. We tried and tried to get a quote for something in my price range, but couldn't. Even on my mom's insurance, the car was way too much with me on it. Thankfully, the dealer worked with me, took the Evo back, and gave me my EG back. Totally bummed.

EDIT: Only car I have pictures of, is the white DC2, but it's when I first bought it. This car looked like s**t lol.