Zc Parts List Needed

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hear 9 times outta 10, these JDM engines have broken pieces on them like throttle position sensors or leaky water pumps etc.
don't know about that - we never purchased one from Tiger, but we have purchased around 40 of them from a supplier in Calif and very few had broken parts - the ones that did were broken during shipping from the supplier to us, which the supplier readily replaced - if you are picking it up, you should be o.k. - if it has something broken on it, have them replace it before you get it

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea thats true... this looks like a pretty good deal http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-parts-accessories-DOHC-ZC-88-91-CIVIC-W0QQAdIdZ134129662 Could my distributor work on it? my civic has a new distributor on it
your distributor will not work on it - you need 88-89 Integra D16A1 distributor - shouldn't be too hard to find - looks like it may be a good deal

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/distributor-king/Items/TD03-ZC?&caSKU=TD03-ZC&caTitle=NEW OBD0 1st Gen. JDM ZC Engine Ignition Distributor

jardine90si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, so if i got that all i'd need is the upper hose, the distributor, new timing belt, water pump, crank seals and oil gasket and be set go? Also, what is the ideal ECU for the swap, the PG7?

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, so if i got that all i'd need is the upper hose, the distributor, new timing belt, water pump, crank seals and oil gasket and be set go? Also, what is the ideal ECU for the swap, the PG7?
you can use your PM6 ECU and it will run fine - the only problem with it is that it has fuel cut-off at 7200rpm where the PM7 and 88-89 PG7 ECUs have fuel cut-off at 7500-7600rpm - i would look for a 88-89 PG7 manual transmission

i edited the previous post about distributor

jardine90si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, great. thanks for the info. also, in your opinion, who makes the best lowering springs? I want to get springs that go 1.5"-2" lower, but i don't want a very harsh ride. I here TEIN's are harsh, what do you think? and how long will my stock struts hold up?

ZChatch

5+ Year Member
I got my DOHC ZC from Honda Motors Online for $900 USD shipped directly to my house. Cost me about $1100 after timing belt, timing belt tensioner, water pump, spark plugs, and oil.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Chaos I think might be able to help you out. I believe he's had a DOHC ZC for a while now.

by the way Chaos might be a different Handle now...I think Turbo...