ZC timing

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i saw the "timing our ZC' on the zc r but that was after i timed mine out of the car... i brought the pistons to TDC with the crank key way facing straight up... then i brought my cant keyway to facing straight up and put the belt's on and rotated it to tighten the belt... now everything is still lined up perfectly... but whenever i go to start my car it takes longer than usual to start up, i have fuel pressure and the car idles perfectly ( i havent taken it out for a drive yet because i'm waiting on my balljoints) so it seems to be fine but... i know when i redid my d15 whenever it took that long to start up it was usually out of time

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
heres a pic of mine... this is as close as i could get it by tapping the ignition... i didnt feel like jacking up my car again... anyway in the one in the zcr forum's it looks like my cams stand straight up while their's are one tooth inwards... i dont understand because i did the hole in the cam thing and this is what i came out with

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if i had to guess i'd say my exhaust cam needs to be retarted a tooth?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take the valve cover off, at the camgear side there are holes you stick a pin down(may have to rotate cams), then take the lower pully off, ther eis a arrow on the oil pump and a line on the timing gear(lower) line them up, put teh bvelt back on.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
then put your dissy dirctly in the middle.

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i dont have a timing belt cover and i'm using the crank pully off my 91 ( no power steering) cuz teh zc had a crack in it... i dont have a problem getting it to tdc thats easy its just the cam's... them move then when i have them perfect u eneda move them a mm or 2 so the belt will go on... its like i need 3 hands... i took my valve cover off and it looks like everything is lined up so now all i needa do is get the oil out of my spark plug gallies ( i didnt tighten up the valve cover up all the way before i took it down the street :D)

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright i'm pretty sure i have it in time... because the car starts right up but its missing when i go take it for a ride. i took the cap of my 91 si and i know thats still good... the plugs are new from napa.... but... i'm gonna take a look at the rotor... maybe that might be causing it to slightly miss because u cant hear it miss... but i can feel it when i'm driving it lacks power

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 2 notches on the inside of the gears should be eye level with the surface the valve cover gasket goes, the UP marks wont be directly up.

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
heres a pic of how i have it aligned now...

i have ny dissy all the way counter clockweise ( if your looking at it and can see where the plug wires are [passanger side of car] ) i left it there from whan i swapped everything in. I took it for a drive andi didnt feel it miss as much as i did before but it still seems like it lacks power... and i noticed that my speedo will stick around 50mphand go very slow ( not its not catching on the gauge cuz it never did that before) and my tach will be at a stand still in the middle of the rpm range... wtf does that s**t mean???

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and i'm getting a code 8 on a pg7 ECU and if i can remember that means TDC is wrong... codes i'm pulling are 8, 9, 15, 19... so i pulled the haz fuse and all before i started the car i check it again and came up with was a code 19... a f**kin code 19 is Automatic transmission lockup control valve... wtf is this about??? now after i took it down the street it's pulling a code 9 and 19. now a code 9 is cyl sencer... doesnt that mean my pistons are not where they should be at or does it mean my cams are off? i noticed that i have a smoothe running car when i give it half pedal effort but when i go past that it just holds back

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need a man trans ecu. unless you have a auto

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i know i need another ECU but i had this when i had my mpfi onversion and it run perfect... i just dont understand wtf is happening this time... i'm gonna put another dizzy on and maybe i'll check the rotor on this one it had a little black spot on it if i can remember correctly

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah well now i have more bad new's... i switfhed around my cyl sencor wires thining it was that tried to start... still pulled a code nine. so i put it back and i changed the rotor because the one in my car looked like s**t... i went to start my car and now the ECU isnt lighting up... i mean i 'm so pissed off at this car i'm so close to selling it its really not funny... i dont know wtf is happening!!!!

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
89 integra dissy
i have another Zc dizzy but the other one looks just as shitty as the one i have now ( on the inside) but they both came off running cars that were running perfectly fine

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you blow a fuse?

wtf is with every one about to sell there car when they have problems, dumb, ive had SO many problems, i still have mine

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its just i threw so much money into it and so much time... its just really frustrating because i have no one around me that knows anything about honda's...... especialy ZC swap's its so frustrating and i cant find what i need online and when i'm in a hole i just try and get rid of s**t that frustrates me....... i checked my fuse's in my engine compartment ( like where the hazard fuse is n s**t) and their all good

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
put the new dizzy in and hooked it up and the ECU worked fine...so i donno wtf is going on but i'm starting to wonder about the timing belt... i mean i got an 88 2.0 prelude belt like teh ZCR said but... my s**t just doesnt wanna time so i'm seriously pissed i just dont know what else to do heres my number if anyone feels the need to help please call 856-297-8455 name is joe

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont know how but i took everything off timing belt, dizzy, cap rotor plugs wires and re did everything and now for some reason the car run's fine... i mean it needs a little fine adjusting but it runs fine down the street... now all i needa figure out is my speedo and tach problem