ZC timing

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok ok,

Take teh timing belot cover OFF, pull the crank pully off, take timign belt off, take valve cover off, turn cams so up arrow is to the top, on the cam gear side, the cam cap closest to the gear, there are holes, stick a pin/screwdriver/ allenwrench anything. to hold the cams(there shols in the cams too).

line up the line of the timing belt gear on the crank to the Arrow on the oil pump, get a LONG extention, take teh spark plug closest to teh gears out, put the extention in the hole, turn the motor so the extenstion is at its highest point, the arrow and line should line up.

nowyour cams are held and the lower end it timed. start installign the belt, double check everything before reinstallign the cover and pully. the inside line on the cam gears should be level with teh valve cover gasket surface( ignore teh UP arrows). tighen teh timign belt remove pin or whatever, install all you removed, set dissy at center.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and be sure there is no slack bewteen the cam gears on the timign belt

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

hope this helps

i put SO much time in to my hatch, ask my brother.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes he did. he knows exactly what hes talkin about! if your cams look like that...then its right. one more thing.. HOWS THEM SKEETERS BACK THERE!!!! LOL i got ate to s**t puttin your injector back in earlier! they bit me on my forehead!

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i pulled everything off plugs, wires, dizzy, cap , rotor and reinstalled everything and some how its perfect... cept the speedo and the tach... speedo is now stuck at 60mph... and it woulnt come back down... my dad said theres prolly a kink in the cable but... i dont see how because i installed it exactly how your sopposed to... the tach i have no idea about i guessing there must be a shitty connection somewhere but... is the tach teh yellow and green wire that connect to your tranny???

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nope..tach is read from the dizzy... your speedo problem is prolly in the dash. do this...hit the top of the cluster pretty firmly with your hand. see what happens. i started greens car today and his car been sittin for about a month. his tach didnt work and he said hit it with your hand. i didnt try it but he said thats what it does. i dunno..its worth a shot. how long has your car been sittin? my accord speedo and tach didnt work half right after my car sat for about 3 months. nither di my bros. but after a while it did.

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
car has been sittin for at LEAST a month
so your just sayin its like that from not being driven... just let it go and it'll eventually be alright? or do u still want me to hit the top of my dash? lol...
ADD: Oh and i noticed that my front end has a little more shaking feeling to it... could that just be because i took my powersteering off?

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
hope this helps

i put SO much time in to my hatch, ask my brother.
Yeah i know what you mean i put 2 month's into this car... and no one helped me because my father is a ford guy and doesnt believe in anything other than american car's... my brother is the same... and my best friend own's an STI and always takes it somewhere to get performance s**t put on... all he does is change his oil thats it... and my one friend that knows everything about honda's kept on dicking me over and so all i could relie on was myself... so i quit my job and worked on my car straight through day by day encountering every problem i could think of so i'm kinda proud of myself but i'm so beat.. i just hope everything goes smoothly at the exhaust shop tomorrow when i tell them to fix my exhaust pipe severly rubbing my shift linkage

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steve there has been working on his dual cam ZC since he got it!!!!! about 2 years now

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yo snake i tried hittin my dash a little but it didnt do too much... i'm stumped on what it could be

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you taken the cluster apart prior? check fuses, and wires at the ECU, DIssy, and behind cluster.

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i personaly havent taken it apart before but the kid before me instal;led the gauges in it... but the speedo and tach always worked before... i didnt pay much attention to it today but... i know the tach is working ok now... but the speedo is still stickin at or around 50mph

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check the cable on the ecu and back of cluster

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i checked the spedo cable itself, but i dont know what your refering to. are u saying theres a wire that goes from the ecu to the speedo?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, theres a cable, goes from top of tranny to the back of thew gauge cluster

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh yeah! i installed a new one when i was doing the ZC swap... i'm pretty sure everything's in there i mean like i said it works up until 50mph then it just sticks... i put it through the bracket behind the gas pedal thats its sopposed to go through and then behind that metal piece then through the firewall

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
might be the spedow sensor wher eit goes into the tranny. not sure

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u mean what i actually plug the speedo into (tranny side)? because when i had my other si motor in i had a different si tranny as well and it did the same thing... maybe its not in all teh way? i mean it's locked in but the extra slack does come up to the bottom of my throttle body

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if it did it before it could also b ethe cluster is getting stuck. check both

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its either my cluster or i'm not installing it right how would i check my cluster???