the mystery problem, f**k

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have had this mysterious loss of power, or sputter at low RPM's like between 2-3.5 I'll step on the gas and the car wont budge, and i dont know what the heck it is, this is what i have done to fix the problem...NEW:plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, dizzy, fuel injector cleaner(multiple times), new oil, radiator fluid, new tranny fluid, throttle body cleaner, front and rear o2 sensors

im running out of patience and $, ha

the only things left that i can think of are...

-bad injectors/ fuel rail

-bad timing belt

-bad throttle position sensor

keep in mind my car has almost 88k miles and the timing belt hasn't been changed

any other suggestions, this is really starting to bother me, its the only thing i dont like about my car, and it must be dealt with before i proceed to but s**t i want to get for my car (foggies, antenna delete, new exhaust, sidemarkers, tow hooks...etc)

someone help

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tps...

i woulda said o2 sensor but you changed those.

edit: i highly dout your timing is off. if the belt went bad your motor wouldnt go

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
tps...

i woulda said o2 sensor but you changed those.

edit: i highly dout your timing is off. if the belt went bad your motor wouldnt go
yeah im thinking TPS but man if i spend the money to change that and its not im going to be so pissed i have already spend almost $1000 trying to fix this problem and when i take it to shops they dont know what it is because there is no CEL on

ashtrey634

5+ Year Member
i have the same thing going on with my car. did everything u did except the o2 sensors and radiator flush, but i did do the timing belt and water pump and my car still has no power. id like to kno what it is too.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i have the same thing going on with my car. did everything u did except the o2 sensors and radiator flush, but i did do the timing belt and water pump and my car still has no power. id like to kno what it is too.
well i ordered my foggies today so i guess the next thing in line is fuel injectors/rail checked, IACV checked, and TPS checked, hopefully after they are get checked on of them will be fixed and fix my problem, if none of them are the problem and no one can figure it out im going to give up on trying to figure it out, bump for anyone else with this problem

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What's your idle like when warmed up?

I was gonna say TPS and IACV too.

What about a clogged/dirty cat converter as well?

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i have the same problem time to time......i changed the both o2 senseors and it has been a lot better and almost went away but now after i turn on my car and drive right away it does it......and idk what it is either......

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What's your idle like when warmed up?

I was gonna say TPS and IACV too.

What about a clogged/dirty cat converter as well?
the iacv and tps will be changed by the end of summer and that cat could be dirty too, who knows, but nothing is throing a code so im i dont know man s**t

mdrolando2007

5+ Year Member
Believe it or not i had the same problem for about 3- 4 months. i had everything changed from plugs to wires to tps to map sensor, i really do mean everything. this was all done by the dealer...and i still had the problem i was really running out of money i sadly even though about selling my baby, after doing a lot of research and reading the service manual about 2 times i ruled almost everything out and left one thing to check...the throttle cable. seeing that you have the same problem i did (at low speed) it may be the cable. the problem with my car was that the cable was slacking to much so i had to tighten it a bit, it worked for me, give it a shot ;)

mdrolando2007

5+ Year Member
i had the same problem that even the dealer could not fix!!! After replacing everything from sprak plugs to map sensor to having the fuel injectors cleaned the dealer had no idea what the problem might be so one day i was messing in the motor and i noticed that the throttle cable was a bit lose (not much) but after tighten it a bit the car runs fine so try that :D

ashtrey634

5+ Year Member
since i got my timing belt done, im thinking my problem could be the timing is off on my car. i have no money right now, so i have to keep it the way it is for now til i can fix it.

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whens the last time you changed the fuel filter?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Try a complete fuel system cleaner. try to reset the ecu by pulling the fuse for a few seconds. Get some gas? Bad fuel pump?

jdog

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think its your timing belt. could be a injector. is your check engine light on yet?