Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What i'm really trying to figure out how to do is:

I have keyless entry on my 98. With the 96-98 years..you can have the option to have the horn beep when it receives signal from the remote. That is great and all but I would much rather have the parking lights blink, just like how the 99-00 civic's do.

I'm still trying to figure out how I would go about doing this...

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmm..

petey...do u know where the alarm "box" is at?

find out if it is sending a (+) or (-) signal wen it honks the horn..im pretty sure its a (+)......all u would have to do is switch where its sending the signal to from the horn to the lights...it might sound crazy but im all for this electrical stuff.lol..

let me know if u have a diagram of the alarm box..ill try finding the helms on it

portfl0w

5+ Year Member
run the ground from the ECM to the parking lamp ground instead of the horn. The horn grounds out when you complete the circuit at the horn swith so it won't affect that.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm..

petey...do u know where the alarm "box" is at?

find out if it is sending a (+) or (-) signal wen it honks the horn..im pretty sure its a (+)......all u would have to do is switch where its sending the signal to from the horn to the lights...it might sound crazy but im all for this electrical stuff.lol..

let me know if u have a diagram of the alarm box..ill try finding the helms on it
With the 96-98...the keyless entry is handled by the OEM headunit. Other than that, there is no "brain" or box to be found.

run the ground from the ECM to the parking lamp ground instead of the horn. The horn grounds out when you complete the circuit at the horn swith so it won't affect that.
I'll have to see if I can find what you're talking about

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
With the 96-98...the keyless entry is handled by the OEM headunit. Other than that, there is no "brain" or box to be found.

I'll have to see if I can find what you're talking about

ok...so do u have a wiring diagram for it? there has to be 1 of those cables that sends the signal to the horn..thats the one u would need to switch from the horn to the lights

FLCL7777

JDM not-tyte Yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright guys, im thinking of parting out my car, or restoring it to oem, i can restore it all the way except the steering column panels+ignition and radiator+ a small amount of rear passenger window corner glass.

Thoughts? it could be a cheap car to go with or a good DD as it only has 65xxx on it. unfortunately my sedan days are probably over as i just bought a 1998 Mitsu mirage that has been converted to an evo 5 with oem bodypanels and the insane 4g63t engine. it ran a 12.5 on racing slicks and a almost stock engine.

portfl0w

5+ Year Member
the horn has b+ , u supply ground when you actuate the horn. So the radio supplies ground. Your running/parking lamps always have ground and are fed b+. What about the b+ that goes to the lock solenoid? You'd only get one flash tho, or make the ground trigger signal trip a relay or something to that effect to make your lights go off. lemme think a lil more

dracing

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've rocked a sedan since the day I started driving. I bought a 93 civic ex sedan for my first car and bought 2 other civics. Both 95 civic lx sedans. Sedan is a family car with the right mods could make a grown man cry in his mustang.

lawrenceashley

Sir Ash
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've rocked a sedan since the day I started driving. I bought a 93 civic ex sedan for my first car and bought 2 other civics. Both 95 civic lx sedans. Sedan is a family car with the right mods could make a grown man cry in his mustang.
Post pics!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I figure...when its time for me to have a family, i'll be all set. : )

portfl0w

5+ Year Member
:cool:no family for me, im super immature. ill let my wife have a family and ill eat the food she makes for them

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright guys, im thinking of parting out my car, or restoring it to oem, i can restore it all the way except the steering column panels+ignition and radiator+ a small amount of rear passenger window corner glass.

Thoughts? it could be a cheap car to go with or a good DD as it only has 65xxx on it. unfortunately my sedan days are probably over as i just bought a 1998 Mitsu mirage that has been converted to an evo 5 with oem bodypanels and the insane 4g63t engine. it ran a 12.5 on racing slicks and a almost stock engine.
just sell it and stick with a car...everyday you have a new car or philosophy it seems..

no offense buts its like a girl on her period..never can make up her mind if shes mad or happy...or sad..or the other 500 emotions girls have that have no name.

Don't waiste the money on converting it back to stock..just keep it as a daily and rock that mirage. Post pics! I wanna see it.

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
4doors for sure Petey ! =)

yeah baby.

I bought a new trunk, took the spoiler off, sanded them both and am going to pick up some paint because my dad just bought a new gun were going to try to paint them with. I am hoping it comes out good!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Laying down base is pretty simple. Its laying the clear, when all the skill comes into play

Status
Not open for further replies.