Not open for further replies.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When did OP become such a big word? I had never even heard somebody use it until a couple weeks ago and now I see it 10 times in a thread... in fact, I'm about to use it myself.

to the OP: I've noticed it too. Only seems to be 5th gen hatch drivers though. No, not all of them are that way, but I do notice a larger amount of douschebaggery from those drivers. They're also the ones who always do the ricer fly by or try to get me to race them.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^
maybe because we get off topic so much? :what:

anyway, i don't acknowledge other cars at all. ever. period. i get some weird looks sometimes for all my multimedia, but if they say anything to me, i just smile and move on with my life.

i don't have a hatch, but i guess that makes me cocky. i think it'd be weird to acknowledge every modified civic out there...

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
People give me the thumbs up and I don't even know what to do.

Why the hell are you giving me the thumbs up?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

B/c they know, somewhere out there, another Honda Civic hatch driver isnt getting a thumbs up. :(

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think you guys are confusing someone giving you a thumbs up with them giving you the finger. :oops: Some of you fags are just too full of yourselves!

:lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Anyone else here notice that???

It happens a lot. I see a hatch driver and the guy has his left hand on the steering wheel lookign straight and looks cocky. Every now and then one will say wassup to me or give me a thumbs up. But most will act as if they dont see me.
Guys in coupes give me thumbs up, but hatches on the other hand, are too cool for this.

Anyone else notice this?
I talked to a few people and they say yeah its true. EF/EG/EK hatch drivers are cocky as hell!!!!! Dude its still a Civic!
No.

Thumb ups go to clean classics, highly modified classics and exotics (well, they usually just get wide-eyed stare). I can't remember ever having given one to a Honda.

Cocky drivers more often have age in common, not car body style.

Just smile, make eye contact, something. Thats' what the older guys in the really nice cars do when I give them a thumbs up. Well, besides the guy in the Hyundai behind the roadster who flipped me the bird, because apparently I have a very oddly placed, stubby middle finger.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the ONLY time I've seen anything where another driver acknowledges another driver is either a corvette and/or bikes :what:

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dont think they are cocky at all....most of my friends who are into hondas have hatches...and they are pretty reliable and nice people...

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
motorcycle riders give me a wave when i move over in my lane for them to pass. maybe a new crew comes out of this thread? the cocky hatch driving bastards crew.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I get a lot of turned heads from motorcycles (crotch rockets I mean) and late model Fox 4 Mustangs. Kind of weird, but I don't complain.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
motorcycle riders give me a wave when i move over in my lane for them to pass. maybe a new crew comes out of this thread? the cocky hatch driving bastards crew.
that makes sense, though. you're being courteous... that's like waving when someone lets you merge in front of them, or pull out of a parking lot in front of you...

waving just because it's another modified honda is sorta weird... imo. :what:

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i start picking my nose when i know im being watched. i have a big nose too..... its a sight to be seen.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
waving just because it's another modified honda is sorta weird... imo. :what:
and while they're waving they're thinkin thats right b***h im gonna steal your car once you park it

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Anyone else here notice that???

It happens a lot. I see a hatch driver and the guy has his left hand on the steering wheel lookign straight and looks cocky. Every now and then one will say wassup to me or give me a thumbs up. But most will act as if they dont see me.
Guys in coupes give me thumbs up, but hatches on the other hand, are too cool for this.

Anyone else notice this?
I talked to a few people and they say yeah its true. EF/EG/EK hatch drivers are cocky as hell!!!!! Dude its still a Civic!
you're the same guy who hates RSX drivers too.

wow.

what about CRX drivers? if i saw your Si replica in hatchback trim i would not give you a thumbs up.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you're the same guy who hates RSX drivers too.

wow.

what about CRX drivers? if i saw you Si replica in hatchback trim i would not give you a thumbs up.
Oh, I remember that. I tried to tell him once that an hatchback version of an Si would be an SiR aka VTi (EK4), which are sold overseas, but he didn't seem to get it and kept telling me his car was an "Si in hatchback trim".

Status
Not open for further replies.