how dangerous are speed bumps

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
unfortunately, i just found out today that my slammed ej8 cant make it over the speed bumps at my school this upcoming year. well the car itslef can, but the exhaust isnt so lucky. the resonator hangs down low as a b***h (not installed wrong, thats just the way it is). i drove over the bump today and heard a scratching noise. i checked out the piping and there doesnt seem to be any damage. my question is, whats going to happen in the future? will it just get scraped up or is there more serious consequences? sorry i know this is kind of a stupid question....

hondagriff

Banned
Tired approaching at a angle?
I"d just avoid all together.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what does approaching at an angle do? and theres no way to avoid it, theres a curb on either side :(

hondagriff

Banned
With one wheel on flat ground and the other on the bump. Didn't know if it would twist the chassi and move the exhaust. I found that it sometimes work. That's if I really, really have to drive over one.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sell your exhaust, get it modified or just scrape the s**t out of it

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the one wheel thing isnt gonna work...the space is prolly too tight for that and theres a huge line of traffic behind me that would be laying on the horn. im gonna have to try to do some custom work to get it to not hang so low

hondagriff

Banned
Take two 2X4 with you. Stop at speedbump. Flip the bird to the people on the horn. Use 2X4 to get over bump. Or give up and drive a different car.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks like someone didn't take lowered driving 101...lol

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i just scrape the s**t out of my cat shield. left a nice mark pulling into a parking garage in philly the other day. =)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
take the speed bumps at an angle. if you do it right, nothing should hit.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take a sledgehammer to the bumps

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just over some huge wide ones here locally, I rarely drive it anyways.