OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i want his van!!

and thanks for the compliment =) this is the guy i learned most of my detailing basics from: www.scottwax.com
the rest comes from experience.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well i found a couple kits on amazon and it looks like i'll spend less then $50 on everything.

i think im gonna go with mothers wax/clay. Do you have a preference of brand? does it really matter?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well i found a couple kits on amazon and it looks like i'll spend less then $50 on everything.

i think im gonna go with mothers wax/clay. Do you have a preference of brand? does it really matter?
yes, it matters. personally, i don't buy any of the cheapie products. they're made for people who wash their cars once a year. all my detailing products are professional grade. i actually have more money invested in detailing products than in car mods....i am heavily biased towards the meguiar's mirror glaze professional line, mostly due to my wonderful experience with them. let me share my products of choice with you:

wash:
- meguiar's mirror glaze #00 hi-tech car wash (about $9 for a 16oz bottle)
- optimum no-rinse (i haven't tried this one out yet, but i've heard incredible reviews)

clay:
- claymagic surface prep system ($20 for claybar + quick detailer)
- mothers claybar (similarly priced, both are great products)
* avoid the meguiar's claybar. it's too damn stuff to work with easily

light paint maintenance):
- meguiar's mirror glaze #9 swirl remover ($10 for a 16oz bottle. great for shallow scratches, swirls, etc)
* i don't have a random orbital buffer yet, i do all my detailing by hand. no abrasive paint cleaners for me yet.

polish:
- meguiar's mirror glaze #5 new car glaze
- meguiar's mirror glaze #7 show car glaze
* both are really good, it's jsut a matter of preference based on the type of shine you're going for.

wax:
- meguiar's mirror glaze #26 hi-tech yellow wax (comes as paste or liquid, your choice. i prefer paste, as it's too easy to put on too much with liquid)

regular everyday maintenance:
- meguiar's mirror glaze #34 final inspection (it's a quick detailer spray. $6/bottle)

be sure to pick up some nice fluffy microfiber towels too

mothers is a great brand, but be careful with some of their products. high end vs low end makes a lot of difference, even from the same manufacturer. i would NEVER touch any of the meguiar's products in burgundy bottles. your best bet in picking up these products is at a local auto body supply shop, your local NAPA (they usually stock lots of detailing products), or online (meguiarsdirect.com is what i've used lately)

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thanks. i'll save that and look it over when i buy my stuff.

do you use anything special for removing the sticky residue left behind when sticker emblems are peeled off? or just some goof off and an old sponge?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Thanks. i'll save that and look it over when i buy my stuff.

do you use anything special for removing the sticky residue left behind when sticker emblems are peeled off? or just some goof off and an old sponge?
that's exactly what i use.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
put F2 coilovers on the CRX today. gotta adjust the height a little.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
let me know how they ride, they are the type 1's right

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea.. they are more harsh then i expected. gotta get an alignment before i have an official review.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i do believe you have to give them time to settle and break in.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thanks, yo.

Las Vegas Blvd. from 39 stories up. the building under construction there is a $9b project call the city center. i think it's gonna be modeled completely like an entire standalone city inside with residential (condos) spaces right in the center of tourist Las Vegas.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you did make some money? I rolled by your moms yesterday and saw your car chillin'.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so you did make some money? I rolled by your moms yesterday and saw your car chillin'.
thanks.

yea, i hit jackpot on a penny machine and made like $250. but i spent about $125 when i was there. so i made a little money. unfortunately i was a bit of a noob or else i would have been with will at the craps table. he walked out with over $1000 one night and went in with like $300.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dang, sounds like Will has some skill, or just luck. thats cool man, sounds like you had a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.