4th gen turbo

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, well i am mocking up turbo, get the manifold and turbo and wastegate altogether, bolt it in the car, and wow. a super tight fit.

i have a Mini ram manifold
t3/t4 turbo
JGS precision turbo 40mm wastegate(older version, still one of the slimmist ones on the market)

one main problem i see, is the wastegate dump tube.
their is NO room that i can see to mount it.

so i am asking, what do you guys with 88-91's do?
i have a delsol dual core half rad.

here are some photos to show you what i mean when i say no clearance.

the manifold, turbo and wastegate.

cant turn the wastegate and mount it this way, the 90* bend schedule 40 i have wont clear.

and turn it the otehr way, have about a 1" gapo between wastegate exit and rad.

so wtf?
any help/input appreciated, larger/more photos avaliable if needed.

i also will be using a slim fan mounted on the otherside of the rad, so that clears up room for the downpipe, but still have issues with the wastegate.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh man :shock: if you were to somehow get the radiator to fit in there it would be broken as soon as the motor moves when you drove it. I don't see you even getting the radiator in there tho. The only thing I can see is having another mani custom made but the one you have already looks like it was expensive enough. Dude, I hope someone can give you some better advice.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the motor dosent move at all tho. ES mount inserts in all 4 mounts

the rad is already in, its just a matter of figuring out the the wastegate dump tube.
the downpipe will be tight, but do able.
i have to change the way i have to run the intercooler pipes, but that no big deal.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
serious answers only please, no comments on how nice it looks or anything.
this is a serious issue i need to get worked out

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
cut off the flange for the wastegate.. rotate it and weld it back on so the dump tube will face upwards. Then just use a bent dump tube and rap it towards the radiator side and back and under everything.
Kinda like these.

or

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i wanted that to be my last resort.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
This guy is running a similar manifold but he doesn't have a fan/radiator installed yet..

Try a slim fan maybe?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This guy is running a similar manifold but he doesn't have a fan/radiator installed yet..

Try a slim fan maybe?
he dosent have the rad in, every photo i have see of that setup.

i will be running a slim fan on the front side of the rad, but the waste gate exit is right where the rad sits.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Where did you get the manifold from? Try contacting the manufacturer.. well unless you made it yourself of course =)

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it was made buy a guy on a forum, CSaddict, but all mini rams are made like that.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
can you maybe turn the wastegate so the dumptube faces down? like flip the adapter 90 degrees

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can you maybe turn the wastegate so the dumptube faces down? like flip the adapter 90 degrees
i would have to cut and weld, and it would have to face up, the turbo is in the way if its turned down.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
true....but im sure you gonna have to cut and weld it to make it fit....that or maybe fit your radiator in their at a angle or somethen ?

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I don't know what else to do.. I searched and can't find anything.. most pics are of 5th gens.. I'm assuming the 4th gen just has a lot less room in the front :shrug:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeap, ive searched, that why i made a thread. looks like i will have to cut and weld it so the wastegate exit points up, and run some pipe around, down to the DP

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeap, ive searched, that why i made a thread. looks like i will have to cut and weld it so the wastegate exit points up, and run some pipe around, down to the DP
I guess so. :what:
Post some pics of it then.. I wanna see how it turns out. Good luck!