really weird problem....

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
today was raining all day i was at work and when i came out it was still raining i drove out my job's parkinlot and then a minute later i stop at a light i was going to make a phone call but when the light went green i realized my engine was like losing power and then re-gaining the power felt like if it was misfiring and then fixing itself and my exhaust was sounding really weird i drove it to the gas station it kept doing it the whole way there like when i accelerate it would go but then kinda lose power and then gain it back i stopped at the gas station and revved my engine a little because i herd a club civic member had the same issue not long ago and he did that and then it was fine well i get out the gas station and then it kept doing it but it soon went away i did get a check engine light flashing and then when it stopped doing it it became a solid check engine light. i drove it back home everything was fine the whole way back after that and i drove it for 20 minutes no overheating or anything wrong at all so im really wondering imma check it in da morning and see if it does anything weird :(:(

BRAK54

come getcha some
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sucked up water son

BRAK54

come getcha some
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
actually i dont know what happend im just an a*****e trying to get my post count up

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
were the revs fluxuating alot? like it was revving itself almost?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
like a map sensor er somthing?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bet you $20 the code you get is P0808, you might need to clean or replace your Idle Air Control Valve

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it felt like the car would be running fine then u take 1 cylinder out and then put it back then take it off then put it back lol lets see about that IAC i hope not dat s**t expensive

dreamin

5+ Year Member
If the 02 sensor is fine - sounds like it may be water in the fuel - did you recently fill up the tank?

dreamin

5+ Year Member
Condensation in the tank?? Is it cold where you are? When you fill up try adding in a fuel additive to disappate the water if its there.

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Condensation in the tank?? Is it cold where you are? When you fill up try adding in a fuel additive to disappate the water if its there.
40 -50 degrees im in NY so u know.... i do use fuel additives sometimes

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get a spray bottle, fill it with water and spray it on ur distributor. it might have a crack in it, that could be why it did it in the rain. if you see an arch, just get some jb weld, mix it and slap it on there.

SoundZman

5+ Year Member
get a spray bottle, fill it with water and spray it on ur distributor. it might have a crack in it, that could be why it did it in the rain. if you see an arch, just get some jb weld, mix it and slap it on there.
I did use some Engine Degrease once and had the same exact issue after I washed the engine down. I actually waited about 20 minuets before test driving, like I said same issue. I took the distributor cap off and poured out the smallest amount of water, dried it off and test drove again, perfect.

If your d-cap is crack, dude chalk it and throw a new one on. I know you're from ny but do yourself a favor and don't get ghetto on it. Do it once and do it right.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did use some Engine Degrease once and had the same exact issue after I washed the engine down. I actually waited about 20 minuets before test driving, like I said same issue. I took the distributor cap off and poured out the smallest amount of water, dried it off and test drove again, perfect.

If your d-cap is crack, dude chalk it and throw a new one on. I know you're from ny but do yourself a favor and don't get ghetto on it. Do it once and do it right.
:word:

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

imma check it out though but imma chek out what the code is first and reset it at autozone tomorrow morning i woke up late today thas why i aint post the code yet i set my alarm to PM instead of AM and i woke up at 12 so i had to go to work i drove it back and forth to work and no problem it was rainin today too but just not as bad as yesterday

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if it ends up being a misfire code what im going to do is im going to get new distributor cap new 10MM wires and NGK iridium plugs

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was looking for distributor caps online and stuff and i see some of them come with a gasket and some of them without it is the gasket necessary would it be a good thing to replace what is it all about?

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
went to autozone today on my way there it was doing the same thing it was running horrible with a rough ass idle and it was a misfire code =] checked plugs and ended up breaking a plug wire so i replaced the whole set with the duralast brand they have at autozone with lifetime warranty for 40 bucks they not 10MM wires but they got lifetime warranty so i said mm f**k it u know lets do this...changed the sparkplug wires and turned car on ran so smoothly =] cleared the code and everything was great on da way home =] so it must've just been bad plug wires im still going to change the radiator cap and get new NGK iridium sparkplugs as well next week so we'll see