im glad i didnt decide to keep with auto classes & become a mechanic

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay first off, I used to LOVE working on cars. I used to take my disc brakes apart at least 2 times a month, clean everything, put it back together, service random crap on my car, offer to help my friends, change my oil every 2000 instead of every 3000 (with mobil 1), etc. I absolutely LOVED working on cars. Then starting about mid-year this year, it died off.

Well today is one of the days where I was glad I didn't go through being a mechanic. I know the job sucks and you put up with a lot of headache. I was working on my car, more specifically changing my driver side door handle because it snapped off last friday. So we get everything off and we're stuck at the lock cylinder (or whatever you call it so I'm gonna keep calling it that lol). We finally get the b***h of a pin off to slide the cylinder / bracket out from behind the handle. Well my friend's brother goes to grab the bracket / cylinder and guess what happens... The back of the cylinder slides out and the entire cylinder falls into all the little pieces. f**k. Now I have no idea how the f**k to put it back together (if I at least see how it was together before falling apart I could've made educated guesses). So I fiddle with the b***h for about 45 minutes, trying to figure out what went where, etc. only to figure out it wasn't going to work because I had no idea how to get it.

So now I'm stuck with my door panel off, no lock cylinder, and just the handle. I said f**k it. Let's just put the panel back on and call it quits. I'll call Honda and see if I can order a new cylinder for my car on Friday (since it was past 5pm today and they're closed tomorrow). LUCKILY, the door can still lock / unlock using the switch inside. I just can't unlock / lock my driver side door if I ever lost my keyless remote (of course I could still get in by key through the passenger door). But NOW I'm worried someone might try to pry open the handle and bust their way in if I go somewhere without a key cylinder in.

I'm so pissed at my friends brother. I couldn't even talk earlier after it happened. I wasn't laughing at anything, I wasn't replying to my friends, I was just trying to get it fixed and go home because I was so pissed. Eventually the brother went back in the house and I cooled off, laughed with my buddy's and realized s**t happens. I want to put all the blame on him but I know it's not right. I'm still pissed.

/rant

Cliffs:
- door handle broke off last friday
- went to replace it today
- my friends brother went to remove lock cylinder and it fell apart
- couldn't figure out how to put it back together properly
- got the new handle in
- now i can only get in my driver side door by keyless remote

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shitty. Thats the thing about cars. You love them one minute, the next, you wanna run the b***h off a cliff.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Shouldnt have bought a fake lip.. ;)

I think its like this for any hobby. I hate it when s**t like that happens too.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
take some pics man, i might can help you, i worked in a honda body shop, s**t like that happend all the time and i had to fix it, if you cant get some pics up and pm me ill try to help you out

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've gotten pissed at a shitload of cars and a few motorcycles and 4wheelers. s**t happens.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it's a love and hate relationship with cars man

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's all hate now. My last oil change was 2000 overdue. And I'm about to 3000 right now and have no desire to do it lol. I hate working on cars now.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It's all hate now. My last oil change was 2000 overdue. And I'm about to 3000 right now and have no desire to do it lol. I hate working on cars now.
Ehh its not that big of a deal. My step dad has a pick up truck in which he hasnt changed the oil in 5 years. No joke. It turns on and runs like a champ.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well I'm just saying comparatively... I used to change it religiously. Now I could care less.

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know what you mean

currently im hating my car and want something luxurious...

but i still love it deep down

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
s**t will never go as planned, so thats why, when im gonna do something i make sure i have time to do it, because when you rush things, especially things you dont know how to fix, s**t will definitely go wrong.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
... hence the reason i don't fiddle with things like that. :lol:

i'd be pissed that someone else broke it, though.

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stop whining. It'll pass.

That's what my dad used to tell me all the time. It's always funny how the "simplest" things always end up owning you.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you go through the honda manual to see how to build the lock cylinder?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you go through the honda manual to see how to build the lock cylinder?
My buddy has the haynes manual or whatever but we couldn't find it in there. Plus I was frustrated and it was like 35 degrees in his garage and didn't want to deal with it anymore lol. I'll look today while I'm eatin some turkey later on :cool:.

bladedout

5+ Year Member
Man.....If I gave up after every bump in the road when dealing with cars......I guess I wouldnt be working on ferrari's now. Just my 2 cents

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't give up on every bump in the road. I'm just glad I didn't become a mechanic because I have a very low tolerance for bullshit and headaches and I have a pretty bad temper lol.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My buddy has the haynes manual or whatever but we couldn't find it in there. Plus I was frustrated and it was like 35 degrees in his garage and didn't want to deal with it anymore lol. I'll look today while I'm eatin some turkey later on :cool:.
Dont your fingers get numb in that weather? I know I cant text when its 60 degrees outside. :shock: