*** Everybody's Random Photos *** Pt. thr33 (56k Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sucks ass....prepare for a long post.

Before xmas, 100+ people/day on the big boat + packed other boats.
Sunday, 18 people. Yesterday, 14...on the 6hr trip.
The other boats, I have no clue, haven't shot since before xmas.

Pub crawl is still paying out, thank you for alcohol.

Shot a sunset boat last night, 50% sales (not bad) but i was surprised that it was all at 100% price instead of 50% like usual...too bad the 6hr trip before that (14ppl) made $0.

Went in for my interview today at Sears Automotive. Depending on if this ASE guy shows up tomorrow, and what position he takes, I may have a job over there doing batteries & tires and working my way up.

But I also was talking to the parasailing boat captain (same company as 6hr trip) as he used to work for my dad and we get along pretty well, his mate is thinking of leaving so I asked him to put in a good word for me and I'm trying to get a hold of the hiring guy at the company. $100+/day sounds good to me. :lol:

Photo job, although fun at times, sucks at others. Commission job sucks ass. Being so burnt out on taking pictures of other people that you don't want to take time to shoot any of your own shots = sucks...and it doesn't help that you do all this work and hope people buy them. Kind of a letdown when people just pass by or say they're not interested.

Sears is alright, at least I have experience with all that stuff. Not looking foward to coming home looking like s**t, but at least it's decent/steady pay until I find something better.

Parasailing would be sweet. I'm starting to like working on the water + work with buddy + still get to take pics of people but nowhere near as many so I don't have to worry about being burned out every day. Winrar!

[highlight]CLIFFS[/highlight]
- Hate 100% commission job
- Sucks even moreso when it's only 30% commission
- Hate taking a bazillion shots every day, and being let down when people don't buy
- Not in season anymore = less people = even less buyers = f**k
- Did my interview today at Sears Automotive for batter/tire installer. Not great, but decent/steady pay
- Trying to get hooked up with a job through old friend to be mate on his parasailing boat for 6hr trip I already shoot.
- Parasailing = less work, less tourists to babysit, less shots to be taken, tip & hourly...sounds like a winner

I am looking at buying a lens though, and I have no clue why.
Spur of the moment type thing I guess.

Debating amongst...
Nikon 16-85 f/3.5
Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6
Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5
Tokina 10-17 f/3.5-4.5
Tokina 11-16 f/2.8
Tokina 16-50 f/2.8

Trying to find a good balance of focal distance + speed.
Interested in wide angle usage, but trying to see where the line is before it gets retarded and useless.

Also saw a Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 as a replacement/addition to my Nikon 70-300 f/4-5.6

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am looking at buying a lens though, and I have no clue why.
Spur of the moment type thing I guess.

Debating amongst...
Nikon 16-85 f/3.5
Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6
Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5
Tokina 10-17 f/3.5-4.5
Tokina 11-16 f/2.8
Tokina 16-50 f/2.8

Trying to find a good balance of focal distance + speed.
Interested in wide angle usage, but trying to see where the line is before it gets retarded and useless.

Also saw a Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 as a replacement/addition to my Nikon 70-300 f/4-5.6
the tamron 70-200 2.8 has good optics but its focus is pretty slow from the reviews i've read. im in the same boat about the 70-200. i am probably going to go with L series 2.8... not sure with IS or not. What lenses do you have now?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the tamron 70-200 2.8 has good optics but its focus is pretty slow from the reviews i've read. im in the same boat about the 70-200. i am probably going to go with L series 2.8... not sure with IS or not. What lenses do you have now?
Nikon 60 f/2.8 & Nikon 70-300 f/4-5.6
man i'm hungry now, thanks eran haha.
8" pizza, plus half of another, plus 2 big slices of meatlovers, plus tuscani pizza here.
i feel like i just drank every one of those :(
no more bars for me for a month

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Must suck for anyone else in the house...having to put up with random yells coming from odd ends of the place.

I make FIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Just pulled off 90 shots of me messing with the flash

Shot 90, kept 4...awesome.
Wow was i bored

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:rolf:

hahahahah. The sparks were poorly photoshopped in. Didn't wanna wake anyone up at this time of the night.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whenever shooting at night, turn your lights off. It distracts focus and tricks the camera into thinking there is more usable light than there really is. Makes for underexposed images. Also, try and find WHITE street lights, not yellow/amber.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Whenever shooting at night, turn your lights off. It distracts focus and tricks the camera into thinking there is more usable light than there really is. Makes for underexposed images. Also, try and find WHITE street lights, not yellow/amber.
thanks man, any tips help. As far as the amber lights, thats what we figured, around here all the lights are that amber/orange junk so all those pictures came out disgusting.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Compensate by adjusting WB on camera.

If shooting raw, amber light is no longer a problem.

x2 for no car lights. Night shots I do with lights = multiple shots. BG, car, lights, etc.

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
havent posted here in a while. here a tweener shot from one of my shoots this week. Posing with Rob O'Snap from 99JAMZ. Retouching on these shoots are gonna take forever, lol

abs0Lut

Rockin' in the free world
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice shoes! ^^^ The laces on the left are a bit blown; other than that, great pic :P

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Todays stuff...

So I went out to go shoot the SS due to boredom, and finding out wtf is with the exhaust rattle...

and these little idiots showed up. The lulz followed.
Just guess as to how that rear bumper got like that :rolf: If only I had the camera out in time

Status
Not open for further replies.