Who's finally modifying his car! This asian is! Turtle speed "build"(?)

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the looks good man keep it up

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just a heads up with those pedals...you might want to get some stainless screws or something because mine are starting to rust. :???:

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice start meng.

just a heads up with those pedals...you might want to get some stainless screws or something because mine are starting to rust. :???:
or aluminum pop-rivets?

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or aluminum pop-rivets?
or that i guess. not too impressed with the hardware that came with them but what can you expect for like $50 bucks or however much they were.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh s**t thats my old sway bar!

lol i remember painting it gold too lmao!

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
:thumbs up for progress. That sway bar is in good hands now.....still sitting in the back of my trunk from when I picked it up from you...lol. it WILL go on soon, I hope.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your car sucks.
I know :(. lol. It's a piece of s**t but I'm trying to at least start little mods here and there. Engine will come later. I'm not too worried about it right now.

In for my Asian b***h.
:rolf: :thumbup:

the looks good man keep it up
Thanks! :thumbup:

Really?? And considering a ton of salt and s**t is used here... Oh well. I don't know if I'll get to installing them tonight anyways. It started getting dark an hour ago.

nice start meng.

or aluminum pop-rivets?

oh s**t thats my old sway bar!

lol i remember painting it gold too lmao!
Is it? Haha. I bought it off Dannyloski on here. It treated me well though so I guess I should be indirectly thanking you too :lol:. Thanks! ;)

:thumbs up for progress. That sway bar is in good hands now.....still sitting in the back of my trunk from when I picked it up from you...lol. it WILL go on soon, I hope.
I miss it :(. I can almost guarantee you'll like it. I mean it's only a 13mm but you can still notice a different in cornering and even going up and down steep driveways at angles.

Update on page 1!!

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats the size of the bolt you used for the 3 point tower bar? the one on top of the shocks.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just went to home depot and picked up random bolts / washer / nuts. I believe I used 5/16.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you had to drill holes for the 3 point bar? and after all that me asking you questions about the R sway bar... i got one... and now you sold yours!?!?! wowzers

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a tendency to use them a lot :lol:. I don't even notice I use them until I click post and I'm like..wtf lol.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know :(. lol. It's a piece of s**t but I'm trying to at least start little mods here and there. Engine will come later. I'm not too worried about it right now.
I was kidding. =)

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea there is a ton of salt and s**t used here too. just noticed it a few weeks ago. i looked down and saw all this rust coming from the bolts. i was kinda pissed but i guess you get what you pay for. probably just gonna take them off.

the new strut bar looks good man. i couldn't believe the difference in how my car felt when i put my skunk2 front and rears on before. it was a night and day difference.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just think, you were trying to sell that Benen bar for the longest time....probably glad you kept it now?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was kidding. =)
I know but it is a pile of heap :D. If I only had a new engine, I'd be happy with it. Even another y8 with WAY less miles lol.

yea there is a ton of salt and s**t used here too. just noticed it a few weeks ago. i looked down and saw all this rust coming from the bolts. i was kinda pissed but i guess you get what you pay for. probably just gonna take them off.

the new strut bar looks good man. i couldn't believe the difference in how my car felt when i put my skunk2 front and rears on before. it was a night and day difference.
Why did you tell me about the screws!!! :x lol. I can imagine you can just buy new screws though and put them in. Or even a bolt / nut.

I'm gonna hold off on bars though for now. I'm against all bars except 3-points and rear sway bars and the only sway bar I want is a CTR + ASR brace combo and that won't happen for a while until I start getting hours back at my jobs. Of course if a particular bar can be argued it helps as much as a 3-point, I might go out of my way to squeeze out a lil bit of money to save for it ;).

Just think, you were trying to sell that Benen bar for the longest time....probably glad you kept it now?
I'm very glad :thumbs up. You should've picked it up when you thought about buying it ;).

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
push start!!!!! in for progress :thumbs up