Subwoffers-i Need Help

marcus45

5+ Year Member
Just Got My 1995 Honda Civic On The Road
Went To The Junk Yard And Swap The Trans
Know I Need Yaul Help Whats A Nice Brand Of Subwoffers To Get And Do I Have To Get Amps With The Subs If So Then Its Not A Problem
I Dont Know If Getting Them Of The Internet Is Good Of Just Get Them From Best Buy Or The Flea Market
I Just Dont Want The Bass In My Car To Sound Like Crap
Plaese Help Me:?:

http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nu083.jpg

cas9889

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just to let you know its not about the sub/subs you get it is about the box you that sub in i worked in a shop by house for a summer my boss help th world record in his rodeo for a year with 6 $20 subs

personally i have owned:
MTX cheap ten not bad
concept 2 12" pounded
kicker L7 good
pyle pentagons pouned for a $30 sub
**Lanzar my favorites** heritiges with the cnc basket not stamped and opti drives

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have rockford fosgate and i really like them.. i have 2 12's which is a bit much in a civic but.. just by dynomat if it rattles in yours.

pfcespinoza87

5+ Year Member
Get some l7 kicker suas with a single ported box with 1100 wat amp trust u will be happy n u whll turn heads I knw mine do in my civic

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I personally enjoyed my MTX 12' 5500 series. When I was in high school I was behind the lunch lady going home. She told me the next day my subs was rattling her car. Not sure of the amp I had in it at the time. Most likely just my 200 watt Xtant amp. When buying stuff always match the RMS watts. The peak power is just a bullshit marketing scheme that most companies have had to do to stay competitive at places like Best Buy, Ciruit City and other chain stores.

sincivic_vx

5+ Year Member
2 ohm is louder then 4ohm. The higher the rms the louder it will play all the time. air space in the box does matter more then the sub you use, but sub have to have the power. Everything comes into play. Subs, amps, wiring, air space in box, air space in car, head unit, style of box (sealed, ported,slot port), what the box is made out of.

Everyone has their own opinion. Everyone likes and dislikes sup/amps for their own reasons. I personally have 2 sony 12s with 2 amps and a capacitor in my hatch. My partner has 2 alpine type r 10s in a slot port, a clarion eq, 2 amps in a integra, and it sounds just as good as mine.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a nice set up with sub amp box capacirtor and wires all for $350, not sure what shipping is like. pm me if your interested.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
2 ohm is louder then 4ohm. The higher the rms the louder it will play all the time. air space in the box does matter more then the sub you use, but sub have to have the power. Everything comes into play. Subs, amps, wiring, air space in box, air space in car, head unit, style of box (sealed, ported,slot port), what the box is made out of.

Everyone has their own opinion. Everyone likes and dislikes sup/amps for their own reasons. I personally have 2 sony 12s with 2 amps and a capacitor in my hatch. My partner has 2 alpine type r 10s in a slot port, a clarion eq, 2 amps in a integra, and it sounds just as good as mine.
Incorrect.

2 ohm is not "louder" than 4 ohm, the impedance is given to tell you different ways to wire your system. The only way to get the best bang for your buck is to match your sub and amp to the correct rms rating, and calculate the square footage you are going to need to build your box.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ohms just measure the resistance and tell you how to wire. You don't need big wattage and big subs. The kicker L7's were just ok. I run Phoenix Gold subs/amp. It's all about sounding good. Too much bass sounds like crap. I would make sure your highs n mids are sounding good before you get into the subs, but the must haves are a good quality box that matches your subs requirements, an amp that pushes the correct amount of watts(RMS) and a good wire setup. Rockford makes great wires!!! You don't gotta spend big $ to get a nice sounding setup.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive heard mtx 5500's sound way louder than l7's, its all in the install like everyone says, BUT say you have limited space and you cant put a large box in your car (like me) go for wattage! my single 12 is freakin loud as hell cuz im pushin it to its 1000 rms power!

Young gunna

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm supporting America. i rock 2 12" American bass subs, it runs off of a 2 channel crunch amp. Seriously they're the best subs i've ever heard... i've had JL's and they weren't as good as the American Bass, they also sound alot better than my friends JBL's he even thinks so ha. but yeah if you set them to low frequency on the amplifier and have the low set to about 100 and on your other amp set the highs to 120 your car will have the perfect bass

marcus45

5+ Year Member
Dame, Thanks For The Info Yaul, Know I Can Go To The Store Or The Internet Without Looking Like An Idiot On Subs And Amps
When I Got The Car It All Ready Hade Speakers But I Might Change Them And The Radio Was Pulled Out I Was Jus Seeing Does It Matter What Type Of Radio I Get With The Subs And Amps
I Know I Cant Get Nothing Cheap I Just Want To Know How Many Watts The Radio Need To Be So I Know What To Get With The Subs And Amps
Does Every Have To Match Like Watts And Brands

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would recommend staying away from Sony head units. I prefer Pioneer. The wattage your head unit pushes only matters if you don't use an amp for your highs/mids. Brands don't have to match. Just make sure that it does have your RCA hookups(most aftermarket head units do). If you aren't using an amp for your mids/highs then just get a 50x4. I would definately replace the original speakers. The paper cones sound like crap and you will have to turn the volume up so loud to counteract the bass that you will get alot of distortion. Just get yourself some decent middle of the road speakers, run a small amp set up like the other guy just said and have fun! I would personally recommend Pioneer head unit and interior components. Good quality for not so much $. You can get an XM ready Pioneer Premier with an auxillary jack(for an mp3 player) for bout $170.

marcus45

5+ Year Member
thanks man i probley would have got a sony and it would have been crap
its like you reading my mind because i have an mp3 so i do need a aux input
and you reading my pockets cause im not rich
$170/$200 is a decent price
ill look into the pioneer ones cause i dont want to get something and later regret it
and if theirs any other brands out their good let me know so i can look it up

marcus45

5+ Year Member
i have another qwestion? would a headunit with the pop up dvd player work good with the system

ragedeep

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry if this part of the thread is dead but, ive heard focal brand subs and they were amazing, anyone else worked with these? they are expensive as hell

jcsm90

KiNg
5+ Year Member
stay away from sony subs

my opinion is from personal experiance

if you want quality then you gotta pay for quality

personally i like the alpine type RS SX
its a 1000 rms

i had a kenwood 1500 watt amp
one 12'' alpine type RE SX sub in a ported box

that setup hits hard

i heard kickers are good but never tried them

thats my 2 cents

edit:
the 12'' type RE SX wub was 250 retail
100 for the custom made ported box

i think the 1500 kenwood amp was 3 or 400

idk if the prices changed but i payed that a while back

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ma audio, or planet audio speakers are the s**t, i had 2 ma 15's and those damn things would blow your ears out