my first car and my first honda

dsettle1312

im 16 get my license next month. i love hondas so i wanted to get started earlier. i bought a 97 hatch. i was told it was an ej6? its got a b18b1 in it. i dont have any money to put into it yet but i will once summer gets here. first im getting rid of the rims. tell me what you think. i got it for 2500

dsettle1312

thanks man. im gonna work on getting smaller rims, probably white. not sure yet.

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lots of potential, cant wait to see the final project

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice pickup man! good to start early! i started when i was 16 as well and i'm 18 now. all i have to say is save up for quality parts, do things right the first time, take your time and don't rush anything, and save up for good parts! good luck man

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Great start. Sell that tach and buy a speed cluster from an ex, or one that has the tach, for cheap. Loose the wheels when you can.
Drop it
Front lip
Paint the moldings and side skirts

Then you're good to go

dsettle1312

yeah im definitly doing all that. i live out in the country the roads are super rough so i wont drop it to low. the rims are going as soon as possible, i dont like them at all. but no money to do anything till end of june

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Something like neuspeed sports would be good if you didnt want to go too low but still look good. They do ride pretty stiff though. You can get them on c-list for under 100 though

jordan00711

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Like everyone else said welcome to the forum and congrats on the nice pick up. I think white slips would look good :thumbs up

emerican

Registered VIP
Glad you want to get smaller wheels and get rid of the monster tach and such sell them on cl lol.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
nice start for a honda and a first car. Welcome to CC. I actually dig those rims on ur hatch man. get rid of that bigfoot sized tach for an ex one. Id paint the grille and side skirts. drop it and call it sexy. but hey, thats what I would do, its your car, do what u want.

dsettle1312

how do you paint the trim and stuff? im new to all this. i know it would look alot better with the trim matching the car. the grill is wore out carbon fiber, got a whole in it too, so thats gonna get replaced

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
id say leave the trim alone but for the side skirts, if u got the talent or skills. Find out what color the paint of your car(click Civic Specs at the top of the page and search around) is exactly(or it'll look goofy)and get it in Rustoleam or equal if available spray paint from AutoZone or another automotive store. apply 2 or 3(or 4 if u want)even coats allowing each to dry before the next. do it in a clean environment to rid the risk of getting dirt or debris under the paint. If you want to do the trim as well, remove it first(not sure on how to do this as I dont own a 6th gen) and then paint it. grille wise, if u do replace it, Id say get a Type R. they look sexy IMO. Hope all this makes sense with all the parentheses I have.

Last edited:

dsettle1312

i live pretty close to a honda club, they have a set of rota slips that im workin on getting, they're 15s so itll sit alittle lower after that. im definitly getting rid of the tach, some redneck had the car lol