10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Meh , i hate jimmys

reyscivic

5th gen owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have always wanted a typhoon or a cyclone! so nice.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol you kids change cars so often my head spins, does this mean you ditched the dodge? i remember wanting one of these when i was younger, this and the blackwood. i never really see these things around, maybe one in person. im lazy what were the production numbers each year?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You think this is bad? I have people on my local board that have owned several dozen cars within a couple of years. It's not that they're rich, they just don't keep the cars that long.

emerican

Registered VIP
I think they are pretty good but thats just me. ^ i got friends like that i got a 22 year old friend who has owned 13 cars.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no i know that some people change cars for a while, i did it when i was 21-23 but damn lol, its funny when people run through cars and post new thread about ever single car they buy, looking for my approval ;)
oh and how many miles are on this truck/how much did you pay for a replica btw?

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
I still have the Dodge it's my daily driver. The Typhoon is more of a weekend car, and it needs a little bit of work to be 100% again.
I have gone through 2 CBR's, 2 Civic's, a Bronco, a DSM, and my current 2 trucks in the past 2 1/2 years. I have owned over 9 air cooled VW's, and the list goes on. lol

I have a bad habit of buying a car, fixing it up, and then selling it. I am going to try and hang on to this one for a while.

The clone cost me $3500. It needs some new steering parts, shocks, intercooler, tires, and a few seals here and there and some other minor stuff. After that it should be good to go.

I still like Honda's though:thumbs up

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
It's running 15lbs of boost right now, has straight exhaust, intake, air to air inter-cooler, Camaro brakes and seats, Vette wheels, limo tint all the way around, lowered 2", Typhoon grille and interior pieces.

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
lol you kids change cars so often my head spins, does this mean you ditched the dodge? i remember wanting one of these when i was younger, this and the blackwood. i never really see these things around, maybe one in person. im lazy what were the production numbers each year?
2,497 in 1992, and 2,200 in 1993.
My engine/drivetrain came out of a 1993 Typhoon, they had the same setup in the syclone (pickup truck) in fact the engine says syclone on the intake manifold.

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
Just built a new intercooler, installed underdrive pulleys, AC delete, new hoses/seals, etc...:cool:

the way it was before...:shock:

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know nothing bout these. But, I gather they are boosted Jimmy's?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you downgrade intercooler in size? Why?

Yep. The Typhoon is an upgraded Jimmy and the Cyclone is an upgraded Sonoma.

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
Yes it's a Jimmy that came stock with AWD and a boosted 4.3l engine, and they only made about 4000 of them from 1992-1993. I think the Syclone is still the fastest production truck made.

Did you downgrade intercooler in size? Why?
It's not really much smaller (it is thicker than the old one), this engine came with a water to air intercooler stock to save space. I needed the inlet and outlet to be on the same side. The old intercooler piping the last owner made looked like it was made at the home and garden section of home depot. I had to change it first thing!

I have to relocate the battery to the hatch today and then it should be running again.

...Oh and it's spelled Syclone.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, I've seen one or two of either the Typoon or Syclone here on post when I worked at the wash. Always wondered what the differences were.

Too bad they don't reproduce these again, would be cool.