'00 EM1 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I loved my mirror, but it's hot down here in Georgia so it started to warp so I took it down.
You should probably put the fogs back in until you get another bumper, though...
Where's your front lip?
Yeah, still gotta put in a center bracket on it. And I have my fogs out cause I plan on repainting the frames..that is until i get a striped screw and had to cut it out...now I need new fog frames...anybody know where I can get just the plastic frames? I do need fog lights anyway so I may end up getting the whole set though...and took the front lip off cause it looks like crap..was gonna repaint it too but I'll probably need to get a whole new front bumper and lip

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Love this picture, got my yellow fog lights installed finally.

Got my exhaust in the mail today, hopefully putting it on this weekend.

Any chance at someone making a sig for me? Or who I can contact to get one?

sixwhip14

5+ Year Member
I'd like to know what you think about your Yonaka exhaust. I haven't found many reviews of their products. Oh, and you should keep your wheels. They are sought after and you will probably wish you had kept them.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd like to know what you think about your Yonaka exhaust. I haven't found many reviews of their products. Oh, and you should keep your wheels. They are sought after and you will probably wish you had kept them.
I probably will end up keeping them, they just need polished. I prefer the look of the LS Meshes, but if I can't find any then I guess I won't get any lol. Unfortunately after ordering the Yonaka exhaust I was sent an email telling me that they were on back order until August or September. I can't wait that long for an exhaust since mine is basically nonexistant...so I had to order an eBay exhaust...I'm gonna save up for a better exhaust later on though, maybe a Skunk2 or something along those lines.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well got my eBay catback exhaust installed last weekend. It's not too bad so far, but it touches my bumper and its starting to melt my bumper already...gotta figure out what to do about that. Maybe some heat tape?

I'll put pix of it up later today

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I finally got my radiator bracket secured onto my car haha. Took long enough to get a tap for it...but it's done, next up is painting the valve cover and valve adjustment. Time to decide on a color scheme. I already have that blue AEM cold air intake, but I was thinking about getting a ram air instead of what I have, cause I don't wanna hydro-lock my engine xD

I was thinking about going with either a deep red-ish maroon or maybe a blue.

Well anyway, took some more pictures...

S&S Motorsports!!

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
It looks like you've got yourself a pretty clean platform to start out with. Good luck with the build. I'll be watching it for sure:thumbs up

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Painting my VC =) getting ready to put some blue on it right now. Then hopefully a valve adjustment later in the week.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Final product, I love it :D

Edit: Well not final, still gotta polish the lettering but that'll be later.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good man all these nice cars on here making me want one even more but im broke as f***
I absolutely love my civic picked it up for only $4000 with 156k miles and its an SI. Craigslist is your best friend when looking for one lol. But it's my first car and will probably be my favorite for years to come just because there is so much you can do to them. Like that Valve Cover painting really only cost me about $35 because I had to get a new gasket and I had a discount =) I love working on my car lol

looks good man, good luck with it
Thanks man!

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hopefully my next semi-big project will be retrofitted projecters with HID's for fogs and low-beams. Just bought a gold mugen oil cap and a black mugen shifter from ebay lol. And still waiting for all my cc and em1crew decals to come in

Thinking about smoking the head and taillights to go for a semi-blacked out look, but keeping the fogs yellow.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got my Mugen oil cap today and clubcivic decals/stickers yesterday, still waiting on my EM1 Crew decals and my Mugen shifter knob

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's tonights project... A DC sports 4-1 header...finally tracked down all the gaskets and bolts I need...

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice pick up and it looks like it has been previously painted...thats a good thing because for some reason DC Sports like to rust fast...

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You should paint your radiator & condenser stays the same color as the VC, look at my build thread, I did a bunch of stuff like that under my hood.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice pick up and it looks like it has been previously painted...thats a good thing because for some reason DC Sports like to rust fast...
Yeah my buddy's painted it when they were trying to put it on a teggy..failed though so they gave it to me =) Just finished putting it on and took it for a test drive. Definitely sounds different, almost raspier now.

Status
Not open for further replies.