Jdm look

marneli10

Registered VIP
Ok well im from a small town and I was just bord at work (work grave shift alone lol) I was wondering whats the new jdm look out there post up some piks

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:smackself...

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you go to japan im sure they rock body kits, big wings, 3 foot exhaust tips, crazy stickers..thats what the real jdm scene is..here in the states..jdm parts are like..oem parts over there that they throw away.

marneli10

Registered VIP
Like I said I was bord at work lol but ok whats the new look out there lol like stickers any things like that

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that car was cool unitl they put on that tailpipe, shift knob, and all that star/sticker garbage.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I hope everyone realizes that car was built as a joke on purpose

there is a difference between poking fun and being aware your car is a joke and thinking your car actually looks cool with all that BS on it.

MugenRR

Banned
that civic looks pretty nice, unique but what i hate about honda is that everyone copies u, n its funny how sum ppl dont even have a car n they talking s**t. uhuh u know who u are HATER

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the copied honda's are due to the fact that honda's are very cheap to own and properly engineered parts only come from a handful of manufacturers.

then from there, other manufacturers copy the pioneered parts and sell them for cheap. So now there are cheap cars, with a high availability of cheap parts.

being different would mean either finding the original engineered pieces or developing your own. Neither option is cheap and for those who do choose to use the original pioneered parts stand out from the rest.

concerning the OP's question, JDM styling is honestly just like what we have here in America. Some wild and craziness that may or may not make sense, complete oem builds, complete restored versions from other countries, all out track builds, completely non-functional styling and everything else you can think of.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
that civic looks pretty nice, unique but what i hate about honda is that everyone copies u, n its funny how sum ppl dont even have a car n they talking s***. uhuh u know who u are HATER
You still floating around stoner? Thought you would have given up after last time. Ill prove youre stupid again tomorrow. I dont bring my car up because 1(I drive a stock ex coupe 2( when s**t breaks I fix it myself not jump on here asking stupid questions and have my dad fix my car. Keep the thread on topic from here on out.

OP there is no new JDM "look" if it is from a japanese car and does not come on ours then you make your car "look" jdm buy paying $300 for an ITR shift boot, $150 for a CTR strut bar, and $80 for an amber clock with matching coin purse. s**t is crazy if you ask me.

New Vega

HondArmy
I hope everyone realizes that car was built as a joke on purpose

there is a difference between poking fun and being aware your car is a joke and thinking your car actually looks cool with all that BS on it.
Actually, it was purposefully built that way, because it is japanese Bosozoku Styling. very popular in japan.

Bosozoku – Japanese subculture that emerged in the 50s of last century.
Its followers are engaged in a strange tuning cars and motorcycles.
Very often – illegally.
Examples of such modifications.

Bosozoku is a Japanese subculture associated with motorcycle clubs and gangs.

They were first seen in the 1950s as the Japanese automobile industry expanded rapidly. The first bosozoku were known as kaminari-zoku (?? “Lightning Tribes”).

The word b?s?zoku is also applied to motorcycle gangs, who share an interest in modifications (often illegal) for motorcycles, such as removing the mufflers so that more noise is produced. These b?s?zoku groups also engage in dangerous or reckless driving, such as weaving in traffic, not wearing motorcycle helmets, and running red lights. Another activity is shinai b?s? (????) speeding in city streets, not usually for street racing but more for thrills. With many bikes involved, the leading one is driven by the sent?sha (???), the leader, who is responsible for the event and is not allowed to be overtaken. Japanese police call them Maru-S? (police code ???), and dispatch a police vehicle to trail any groups of bikes to prevent any possible incidents, which can include riding through suburbs at speeds of 5–10 miles an hour, creating a loud disturbance and waving imperial Japanese flags, to starting fights which can include weapons such as wooden swords, metal pipes, baseball bats and Molotov cocktails. These b?s?zoku gangs are generally composed of people under the legal adult age, which in Japan is 20 years old, and are subject to increasing state and police pressure.

Bosozoku are known to modify their bikes in peculiar and often showy ways. A typical customized bosozoku bike usually consists of an average Japanese road bike that appears to combine elements of an American chopper style bike and a British café racer, for example: over-sized fairings like those found on café racers, raised handle bars like those on a chopper. Loud paint jobs on the fenders or the gas tanks with motifs such as flames or kamikaze style “rising sun” designs are also quite common. The bikes will often be adorned with stickers and/or flags depicting the gang’s symbol or logo. There are also marked regional differences in motorcycle modifications. For example, Ibaraki bosozoku are known to modify their motorcycles in an extensively colorful, flashy way. They will often have three or four oversized fairings in a tower like way in a motorcycle painted in bright yellow or pink with Christmas light–like adornments.

Bosozoku also have a distinct style of car modification, eponymously called “bosozoku style”. These cars are often modified with large exhaust pipes, bright paint, and large aero kits. Also popular are oil coolers or less commonly large turbo or supercharger intercoolers with highly polished tubing, usually mounted in a prominent position in the front bumper.

http://pinktentacle.com/2010/07/bosozoku-style-rides/

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member