CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Damn that deck is sweet, I didn't know there was anything like that, might have to get me one when I can afford it, the one I have now has the cord that comes off the back and runs into the glove box, its a pain in the arse.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice! so it flips down and the iPod or whatever is inside somehow? Ive never seen that..very cool

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I was just about to buy that radio on Friday from my work...now I don't want to be a copy cat. Lol does it have a cd player though?

Decipher

Registered VIP
no cd... but who cares? compact discs are going the way of cassette tapes and 8 track.

I'd love to be able to hide my iPod out of sight with no wires. Very nice pickup.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just about to buy that radio on Friday from my work...now I don't want to be a copy cat. Lol does it have a cd player though?
no cd player but never use em anyway. You should get it!

nice! so it flips down and the iPod or whatever is inside somehow? Ive never seen that..very cool
Exactly. There is a tray with a usb connection inside that you connect to and operate the player through the deck or remote.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Is it easy and quick to use? I'm really considering it. If I got this easier I'd still have my iPod...thieves. :(

Edit I have an iPhone so in guessing it'll work the same

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah its quick and simple. The iphone will work just the same. using a flash drive is the slowest but its not horrible to use either if you dont have too many different folders on it

Decipher

Registered VIP
I've got a kenwood with faceplate usb and I've grown to like using a flash drive for the very fact there aren't any wires. Once you figure out the navigation, it's just as easy as using a iPod. Plus, if somebody decides to break into my car and jack my s**t I'm only out $30 instead of $130

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Ok I'll get the same as you child. Yes I'm a copier :P. Thanks for your help.

Sorry about the mini thread jack.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha its all good. Its a good piece. Doesn't matter if everyone has it f it works good for its purpose :thumbs up

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice deck. I love blue tooth I don't even pull my iPhone out of my pocket. Then if ibwant to charge it I got the USB to charge and play it. Not all hidden though. Post pics when it's installed I wanna see this spot for it.

Cbfluid

hey child quick question how many different bulbs did you change on the interior to get it bright like that? im having the same issue

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it was like five bulbs in the main area of the cluster and two up top. Not sure. Just pull the cluster out and take a look. All you need is a phillips screwdriver to get it out.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Daily coilovers ordered and shipped out today. Another set of fnf type 1's. Ill be able to ride comfortable while I start my swap part collection