I was here a long time ago with a 99 civic si (supercharged)...now I'm back 99 si

slammin86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In 2003 I had a 99 civic si that was supercharged. I had back luck with the car (at the time I was in an apartment and relying on others to do the mechanical work). I sold this car in early 2005 about 5 engines later.

In late 2004 I bought a brand new GTO. I have done many many mods to this car and it is currently putting down about 470 at the wheels. I have proudly done all the mods and tuning on this car myself.

Here are a few of the GTO.

The GTO doesn't see bad weather so I buy beaters for the winter. Some of my beaters have included a 87 crx si, 89 crx si with a b16 swap, 97 prelude base, 96 4 door gsr. I sold the GSR about a year ago and have been on the hunt for a clean 99/00 SI. I really wanted a EBP one but when this came up I could not pass up on it.

99 Civic SI MR. Bone stock. One owner. No wrecks on carfax. Every panel has vin number. Underneath is super clean. Lots of maintenance records done at honda dealership. Factory painted on pin stripe which I have never seen before. Only flaw is lots of road rash which is to be expected. Runs super strong. interior is minty. 172K miles but you wouldn't know it by looking. And the best thing...no door dings.

I have put 3 tanks of gas through this car. Best mileage is 34 worst is 30.2. I have had this car for about a month.

I did a quick detail job on it and made the headlights clear again. I did not attempt to get all the swirls out due to old ass original paint. I just wanted to make it presentable for a daily driver.

I washed it, did a quick 2 stage buffing. IPA wipedown and opticoat 2.0

Here are a few of the afters.

Drivers headlight before...passengers headlight after.

Drivers headlight after.

Underhood
Before.

After.

Cluster at night.

Interior pics from when I got it. Since then I have done some more cleaning.

Overall it is in crazy good condition considering the age. 100% stock. Even a honda paper air filter LOL.

I had to replace the defroster bulb and I some OEM license plate plugs. So far no signs of burning oil either.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice MR EM1 you go there..nice and clean slate to start a project on
first thing I'd do is take off the pinstripe

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Clean car. It is rare to find a em1 in this condition.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That right there is a gem, Id keep it stock :/ If you dont mind me asking how much did that set you back?

slammin86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That right there is a gem, Id keep it stock :/ If you dont mind me asking how much did that set you back?
When I was on the hunt for another SI I planned to do some suspension mods and a short shifter. I also planned some CTR headlights and OEM fogs as well as red recaro seats. When I got my hands on this one everything changed. I dont think I will mod it at all...at least not for awhile.

This was actually a new car trade at a honda dealership about 4 hours away from me. I saw it pop up on autotrader the day they listed it before the pics were even there. I bought it within 24 hours of getting pics. They had it listed for $7000 on their lot. I paid $5700 cash plus $199 stealership fee. The people at the dealership were a bunch of pricks but in the end it seems to have worked out. Some of you may say that is to much money which is fine but you do not see a car like this every day. Around here you see riced out SI's selling for 4500+ and you never see an example like this.

The front end of the car is littered with road rash (which is expected from a 170xxx mile car). I bought a dr colorchip kit for it to hide some of it. Most of the car is OEM paint. I can tell the hood has been resprayed at some time but I'm thinking that is it. Underneath the car is freaking spotless. Doesn't look like it has ever had a jackstand under the support rails. Literally not a door ding on the car.

Part of the maintenance history showed that at 150XXX miles the dealership installed 2 new axles, 2 new wheel hub assemblies, and front brake rotors and pads. These were all OEM parts and cost over 3G. Who does that? The interior is easily a 9.5 out of a 10. No one who has seen it could believe the high mileage.

Timing belt was done at 100,0XX miles.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I cant find any of those SI's around here for under 6k I think you got a great deal, Id give 6k for that right now lol

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Very clean man. Any plans for her?

slammin86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used dr colorchip on my 99 civic SI today. 172XXX miles had really taken their toll on the paint. I applied it to all of the front bumper, lip, entire hood, both mirrors, some spots on the roof, behind the rear wheels, and some on the side skirt. I ran out of paint so I couldn't do the entire car as planned.

The results pretty much speak for themselves. Here are the befores...

This really shows the damage to the hood. This went nearly all the way up the hood. The whole hood was treated.

Here are my feet.

This is kind of an in progress pic...left has been done with Dr Colorchip...right has not...

And these are the finished shots.

Any questions?

slammin86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make a tutorial for rock chip repairs? =)
DR Colorchip makes it easy...it is paint. There are several ways to apply it depending on the damage you are dealing with.

For what I was doing I folded up a blue shop towel into a square about 2". I them applied the paint to the towel and rubbed it across a portion of the area I wanted to fix (say half of the bumper). You then go back over it with their sealac solution (or WTF ever it is called). This basically removes all the paint that you applied but leaves the paint in the small low areas (road rash). Then you buff the residue off with a microfiber. What I did on the civic took about 2 hours. I would have been doing it longer if I wouldn't have ran out of paint.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DR Colorchip makes it easy...it is paint. There are several ways to apply it depending on the damage you are dealing with.

For what I was doing I folded up a blue shop towel into a square about 2". I them applied the paint to the towel and rubbed it across a portion of the area I wanted to fix (say half of the bumper). You then go back over it with their sealac solution (or WTF ever it is called). This basically removes all the paint that you applied but leaves the paint in the small low areas (road rash). Then you buff the residue off with a microfiber. What I did on the civic took about 2 hours. I would have been doing it longer if I wouldn't have ran out of paint.
Thanks, ill have to try that sometime