CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good Child! By any chance do you know of place that sell tuner parts - like JHPUSA, but that is on the East coast? i gota wait till 11am chicago time to hit up the places in CA.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good Child! By any chance do you know of place that sell tuner parts - like JHPUSA, but that is on the East coast? i gota wait till 11am chicago time to hit up the places in CA.
thats because parts come overnight from japan.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
This car is dope. Cleanest civic i've probably ever seen

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks. I don't know any east coast shops. At the most, there are some engine management tuners, but I don't know of parts places.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol... :roll:

btw that last shot you uploaded, looks great. never noticed how the webbing gets hidden.
You and Hecz, lol
Yeah you the webbed parts kinda blend in from some angles and makes my brakes look bigger that way lol. What I hate about that shot is the lighting shows how dinged the body is. Can't wait to have the body repaired and painted

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^thats cool to know! Your a wealth of random honda knowledge lol. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend lol. Is that front and rear?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^thats cool to know! Your a wealth of random honda knowledge lol. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend lol. Is that front and rear?
For the 6th gen yeah. For integras and EG's it's just slightly changed to 580mm up front and 590 rear. Of course this is on their tracked setups with higher spring rates. But I like the feel a lot better and it makes the weak areas stand out a lot more in my opinion. It's not a real in depth reasoning for the height though. If you look at the control arms at that height, they are basically level with proper camber angles which would give you excellent feedback with lift and dampening through corners.

I stumble across random things like that and translate a lot of their TypeOne blog posts from their tuned cars and customer cars. Spoon is all about the tiny bits that could make things slightly better. The overall balance rather than extreme performance. I like that method too because of the longevity and you can focus more on fixing the worse problem any of our cars has, US the driver.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hecz,
I am not Child (But i would like to have his motor) ha ha, but i hope this helps.
I have no experience buying from them. :what:

THMotorsports Inc.
5631 Dempster St.
Morton Grove, IL 60053
http://thmotorsports.com/1998_honda_civic_ex_4cyl_16l/a-1315643.aspx
I've dealt with them but their kinda central don't you think? Anyway, my experience was half and half. I got my hatchback's apexi' ws2 exhaust from them. At the time of the order, I also ordered a Spoon spoiler which was said to be in stock. A week passes, and I just get delivered my exhaust. I blow up the phones, got put on hold a few times, got hung up on after being on hold. Emailed and called some more, sent PM's on K20a.org since they are a vendor on there. Got a PM back to call again, and I did a few minutes after there said to be closed and the guy who got the PM answered and explained that the wing wasn't in stock and a guess of when they might be able to have one. I didn't feel comfortable with the deal and decided to cancel. I did receive my refund a few days later though. I didn't like the fact that I wasn't informed that they didn't have the part and the initial run around to get answers and help.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got my camlocks and nrg set up there. Shipping was fast.

Thanks for the explanation of the ride heights. I wish I could translate japanese.

EX Coupe 98

Registered User of What?
Hey, thank You two times for the info., my car is on jack stands waiting for my Tein Type Flex to come back form overhaul service at Tein USA, and with the higher spring rates of my Flex coilovers i will definitely try the Spoon Sport recommended height :twisted:
And all because of YOU and YOUR, Best Build thread on the net. IMHO i have gone from getting new shock bushings for the LCA's to buying Function7 - V3 Ultralights Thank You! Lol, so now the least you could do is send me some polish :rotflmfao:for them so they look almost as good as yours, sittin next to my polished Comptech subframe brace and swaybar. That's about as baller as it gets for me. LMAO

Thank You for all your help and one kick ass Build thread.

Aaaah that's Three Kick ass Build threads.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Who did you sell your hatchback to again?
Hendo on here. He's focusing on his EF and just bought Mt hatch becausei sold it for an unbeatable price
Hey, thank You two times for the info., my car is on jack stands waiting for my Tein Type Flex to come back form overhaul service at Tein USA, and with the higher spring rates of my Flex coilovers i will definitely try the Spoon Sport recommended height :twisted:
And all because of YOU and YOUR, Best Build thread on the net. IMHO i have gone from getting new shock bushings for the LCA's to buying Function7 - V3 Ultralights Thank You! Lol, so now the least you could do is send me some polish :rotflmfao:for them so they look almost as good as yours, sittin next to my polished Comptech subframe brace and swaybar. That's about as baller as it gets for me. LMAO

Thank You for all your help and one kick ass Build thread.

Aaaah that's Three Kick ass Build threads.
Thanks, and glad I could help
google chrome :what: does it automatically for me?
Sometimes it does a direct translation so the words are all in the wrong order. Sentence formation in Japanese is a little weird coming from English.