D-Series Compression Results...What Urs?

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did a compression test a lil while back and it was 150/155/155/155 does that seem low for a d16z6? all stock internals? sorrys its been buggin me......what should they be at?

100th post woot!

5thGenCX

long gearing owns me.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm.. my D15B8 resulted at 195/190/195/195 but the engine has low miles..

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bump?????

greenlx777

BigRed is Dead
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you do a cold test or after the engine warmed up?
ive got 210 across the bord with my z6 + y7 block

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did another one today and it was 150 across the board with it warmed up and throttle open...i did a leak down test as well and it was 20% 10% 16% 18%...wheres it all goin!?

greenlx777

BigRed is Dead
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gonzo said:
i did another one today and it was 150 across the board with it warmed up and throttle open...i did a leak down test as well and it was 20% 10% 16% 18%...wheres it all goin!?
its going down the drain...

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are these half decent boost numbers?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gonzo said:
are these half decent boost numbers?
i would not boost that motor. atleast rebuild the bottom end first.

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well s**t....no longer saving for boost now going for swap....

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmm, mine was according from 1-4 cyl 196 201 203 206 if i remember correctly... this was ona d16y8 with 107k miles at the time

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you did boost it, it would probably pop in about 2months. i havent done a comp. test on my, 185k, d16z6 but im guessing its about the same as yours and people tell me it will blow a few weeks later if i boost.

4CleanDoors

5+ Year Member
They are fine for a daily driver. Your power is just not there due to the very low compression. If your car isnt smoking or anything, it should be fine to drive, it just wont produce the same power it is supposed to.

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea the engine doesnt smoke at all except when i am shiftin at high revs and the thing that gets me is that my comp is low and my leak down test is pretty good....WHERES IT ALL GO!

4CleanDoors

5+ Year Member
Your leakdown test isn't "pretty good," it's driveable. You want under 10 on all cylinders, that is the goal. It is driveable, but I suggest if it is smoking at high rpm don't do it anymore. Did you bend any valves. I just did my compression test: 210, 140, 190, 210. I have bent valves I believe. My cam timing was off and I believe I bent valves. Try and figure out where all of the s**t is going, then fix it. Drive the car nice, keep the rpms under 4500 hopefully. Good luck.