18 x 7.5 on a 8th gen?

jaconjills

5+ Year Member
Hi All
Noobie here.. Happy owner of a 07 Civic Ex Sedan.
Has anyone tried 18" on an 8th gen?
I got a set of G-Racing Siegen 18 x 7.5 with ET 35mm, thinking of wrapping it Kumho 225/40-18. Will this cause any kind of rubs? Im concerned with the offset being 35mm. Some say it will... some say it wont.. and some says it depends on the tire combo. Oh.. and I dont plan to drop/ lower my ride.
Please advice.
Thanks all.

LikWidv1

NBA-NaturalBornAsshole
5+ Year Member
I just put 18 inch chromes on my ride. 225/40/18 or was it 45/18 I'll go check and come do a second reply, but you'll be fine, of course don't take steep slumps going high speed (thats just common sense) but other then that, no rub action at all. Post pics when you put them on.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I ran 18x7.5 +38 wheels with 225/40/18 tires on my Si (lowered on Tein S-techs).. I rubbed only on hard corners.. it wasnt much either..

If your driving style doesnt have hard turns in them and youre not dropped.. I doubt youll rub much..

LikWidv1

NBA-NaturalBornAsshole
5+ Year Member
Ok verified: I'm runnin Cooper 225/40/18 you'll be fine. Mine isn't dropped YET. And I have NO rubbing.

jaconjills

5+ Year Member
Thanks Guys
LikWidv1..
what offset was ur 18" ?
I know that 18"x7.5, but at a 35 offset - i been getting mixed answers.

jaconjills

5+ Year Member
My driving style is .. how do i say.. slow? Not into racing n stuff.. just want my ride to look good.. Just something different and better than the stock. My ride is all black with tints (got busted for front tint - and will re-tint soon) at 12%.

LikWidv1

NBA-NaturalBornAsshole
5+ Year Member
Yeah 19"s and 20"s will give you a problem no matter how LowPro you go. Offset on my rims I'm not positive, but believe me, you'll be fine. And, I have a heavy foot so I do drive fast, but I am also careful of road hazards so I don't rub nearly at all.

2nrchik

hondaholic
5+ Year Member
I have 18" x 7.5" with 225/40R18s. At stock ride I didn't have any rubbing. I now have TeinSS coilovers with about a finger of space up front and 1.5 finger space in the rear. I only rub on really nasty bumps.

jaconjills

5+ Year Member
yeah.. it needs a higher offset 40+. Mine is at 35mm, so i dont i should install it. Im pretty sure it will rub on turns. oh crap!.. but thanks all for your input!

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No drop, no problems. End of discussion.
If you go on S. Techs, I cant gurantee, but it wont be too terrible.