1990 CRX Si possibilities

Rocko790165

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My friend has a 1990 CRX Si and was wanting to do an easy cheap swap. My question is which of these two motors would be able to get more peformance with bolt ons no forced induction. Either the D15B SOHC VTEC motor or the dohc ZC motor <---green 91. From what ive read both will bolt up to the stock si tranny, and use the same motor mounts. But will you have to mess with his fuel injection or anything like that. Any feedback would be great. Thanx.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seriously sell it now before it rusts and rots away and you have nothing left but a set of steelies. I speak from experience. But seriously, the zc would probably be a better motor but in all seriousness, stock for stock they arent far off. Plus, zc's are starting to hit the bottom of the barrel and the d15b has crazy tight vtec... baaaaaBWAHHH!

Rocko790165

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It doesnt have that bad of rust. So it still has hope;) Hurray for VTTTAAAKKKKKKK:party1: But what your saying is to get the ZC. But would he have to mess with fuel or anything of that retardedness. <--hope i spelled that right.

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, he won't. It's an incredibly easy swap, and well worth it.

D-series VTEC is mostly just sound, btw.

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would put a b16 in it personally. You can get that year b16 for CHEAP and the crx doesn't need torque anyway.

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
stock to stock?!?!?!?! b16 > d series, all day everyday! end of story. even with the same mods the b series kicks the d series ass. (shut up green 91, i dont want to hear your pointless ranting and raving about this or that)

HOWEVER, if you do not have the money or the means to get a hold of a b series then stick with stock and boost the crap out of it, (because if you dont boost the crap out of it then your no better the a type r swap, shoot most "kits" only give you a whopping 50hp) the best song of all time is when those beautiful rods on that engine go through the block!!!!!! pure bliss. gives me chills just thinking about it.

i got a good idea, be the person that builds a sohc d series n/a (without nitrous). i would give you crazy repect for that!!!! no joke.

Rocko790165

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well milling the head and spray a 75 shot are definatley in the future of the motor which ever it is.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
90B16Ed said:
stock to stock?!?!?!?! b16 > d series, all day everyday! end of story. .
we are comparing the zc to the d15b:what:

but no dude, you misunderstood me. I wouldnt pick the zc. I would buy the d15. Both of them are easy ass swap, but have a better shot getting a newer better condition d15b then a dohc zc.. and dont let someone else tell you otherwise just because they want to defend their ol' zc.. its plain fact.