1990 DX Sedan Cat Back Exhaust

Fazaad

5+ Year Member
I have a 1990 DX Sedan 1.5L and the exhaust is rusting away right after the resonator. The rest of the exhaust isn't in that great of a shape eithe, so I'm looking for a cat back system replacement, but I can only seem to find systems for the 1.6L. Does anyone know who makes a cat back performance exhaust system for this platform or do I have to custom make one?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a 1.6L exhaust will fit your 1.5L sedan. It's basically the same thing. ;)

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
a 1.6L exhaust will fit your 1.5L sedan. It's basically the same thing. ;)
wrong there is absolutly no difference they are exactly the same 100% i am builing a custom exhaust for my 89 4 door 2 1/2" piping no resonator no cat generic stock looking muffler with a cheap autozone tip i will even weld it myself just have a shop bend it all it will cost about 300 total maybe less there are not many choices for the ef sedans and they are really expensive so just build your own it is cheaper and you can get the sound and look you want

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wrong there is absolutly no difference they are exactly the same 100% i am builing a custom exhaust for my 89 4 door 2 1/2" piping no resonator no cat generic stock looking muffler with a cheap autozone tip i will even weld it myself just have a shop bend it all it will cost about 300 total maybe less there are not many choices for the ef sedans and they are really expensive so just build your own it is cheaper and you can get the sound and look you want
Whaaat? :what: how can you say I'm wrong. I said it's the same thing and it will fit. :???:

:retard:

Last edited:

Fazaad

5+ Year Member
I was questioning weather they were the same or not also, because when I looked at some pics of a 1.6L exhaust it looked the same. Thanks for backing up what I suspected. This should make my search much easier now.

chenzo4

5+ Year Member
89Y49rexsi

2 1/2" piping no resonator no cat generic stock looking muffler ...

I just replaced my exhaust due to cracks, rusting with what sounds like the same as what you are planning, no res, no cat, with a basic muffler. FYI however strange this sounds, I noticed increased horsepower , but the torque seems to be lacking. If you have already made this exhaust mod, how did it work for you, I am trying to figure out if I need to add the resonator the cat or both?? Any help would be appreciated. thx

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there the same.. i you can fine a exhaust from a 90-93 da intergra 4door they work to there just a tad longer so u gotta shorten the mid pipe