1991 Civic Dx with 17" Wheels. What size tires?

BackSpasms

5+ Year Member
I own a 1991 honda civic dx hatchback and recently bought 17" wheels for it. My question is, what options do I have for tire sizes that wont include rubbing or other modifications?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
205/40/17, but with that said i would advise against 17's on a 4g, the old d-series trans weren't designed for such a large rotating mass as that, it can cuase strain on the trans over time, but that could take a long time to happen to be honest, but if you go around beating the car then it'll happen sooner, most people won't even recommend anythong over a 16" wheel for 4g's, and even some will say nothing more then a 15", yeah it's totaly the owners choice though.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I own a 1991 honda civic dx hatchback and recently bought 17" wheels for it. My question is, what options do I have for tire sizes that wont include rubbing or other modifications?
I agree with Tom, but this is just my personal opinion on Rims/Wheels/Tires on cars for it to look clean....

Use your OEM tire diameter and fit the biggest rim w/ tire to match the OEM diameter... This way, you don't screw with your RPM's and Speedometer + it looks the sharpest... If you can't fit a 17" rim with a rubber band tire to match OEM diameter then go with the next size down....

You can get it to work, but if your wheels are bigger than OEM diameter it looks ridiculous and not flashy...

Oh, and there are tire diamters calculators on the Internet to help you find the appropriate tire diameter...

I have 14" rims (HX Rims) and I got the exact tire diameter to keep my wheel base OEM;)

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
17's are to big....sell them and get 15's