1991 DX help

jcpower

5+ Year Member
hi, I have a 1991 Honda civic DX 1.5, i got as a gift from my uncle but would not star, compression is fine, change the spark plugs with the wires, engine cover gasket set, fuel filter, distributor cap gasket and the o ring, battery is new, so any way the engine rotates and you actually see smoke coming out the exhaust but nothing else, i took the carburetor cap of and spray star fluid and still w/o star.
any suggestion will be appreciated.
thank you for your reply

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check ignitors on the dizzy.also check if you are getting spark to the top of the dizzy also

jcpower

5+ Year Member
sorry, i don't know where that is located, would you please be more specific.
thank you

marsh

markell91hatch
5+ Year Member
make sure the main relay that run anything and everything located under the hood latch is working, you will hear it click when you turn the key on!

jcpower

5+ Year Member
i will try tomorrow to located the relay and test it, thank you. Any other suggestion.

JDM-Hatch

5+ Year Member
Check the injectors, check for all the fuse make sure none is burn out, if that don't work, then maybe its the distributor hopefully that will help.

jcpower

5+ Year Member
i check the injectors resistant and they are fine base on the Haney book chart,also double check the fuses and they a re fine too.
please need more suggestion
thank you

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its not always a main relay. check to see if your plugs are sparking. also your a ohm meter and check to see if your getting power to the dizzy plugs and then take off the cap and see if your getting power to the wires that go into the coil pack.

jcpower

5+ Year Member
The Main Relay is the RZ-0063, if so i test it today fallowing the Haney Manual and it fail, i will double check tomorrow with another meter since my is really old, also i will check what si-hatch86 mention is a good idea, thank you for all your reply.