1992 Civic DX 4-door

ckiel

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey all,
Im a new here obviously and am just getting into the honda tuning scene. I recently was forced to cell my SR20 Powered 240SX and am try'n something a little different out. Was a little curious on where to start with my 1992 Honda Civic DX 4-door. i am wanting to go for a JDM/Sleeper look and feel. All help will be appreciated. Thanks,

-ckiel-

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sup man! got any pics of that 240?

as for the Civic, there's so much you can do! Start researching B-series swaps! www.jdmcivic.com is also a good siite if that's the direction you want to go.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jdm and sleeper are 2 different things.

You want to go sleeper, heres what i reccomend. Keep the stock rims, lower the car, get a LOUD exhaust. (i cant stand it when people buy pieces of s**t like the RSR or other "performance exhausts" that are basically stock with bigger piping) Maybe tint the windows, but dont do anything else to the exterior of the car.

Then combine this with a sick ass motor swap like a b series, and youre set.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
jdm and sleeper are 2 different things.

You want to go sleeper, heres what i reccomend. Keep the stock rims, lower the car, get a LOUD exhaust. (i cant stand it when people buy pieces of s**t like the RSR or other "performance exhausts" that are basically stock with bigger piping) Maybe tint the windows, but dont do anything else to the exterior of the car.

Then combine this with a sick ass motor swap like a b series, and youre set.
i agree, but without the loud exhaust, dont let people hear you coming ;)

ckiel

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the quick replies guys!!! I am highly considering a B series swap but which B series motor is best to use? Im more than likely going to endup using forced induction on which ever I use. I miss my boost :( !!!! lol. Thanks,

-ckiel-

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want boost get yourself a b18a (integra ls) motor. You can also get yourself a B20b out of a crv if you guys dont have a visual inspection, i dont know indianas laws.

ckiel

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We're lucky here in Indiana, No inspections:D. So that wont be an issue.

ckiel

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also which of the swaps is easiest? I have a limited amount of space to work with due to the fact that my dad and I are also trying to sell my 240SX coupe and the POS "anal" probe.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or you could go boosted single cam....

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Je said:
or you could go boosted single cam....
yeah but who wants to boost a dx motor ... he will get 15's at best out of that setup.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
swap to a d16z6 / d16y8 and turbo it. Same amount you'll spend on a b-series swap alone

ckiel

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of #'s could I get out of a B18?? I may try to take a car my dad and I have to a junk yard and trade them for a B18.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ckiel said:
what kind of #'s could I get out of a B18?? I may try to take a car my dad and I have to a junk yard and trade them for a B18.
pry 16s w/o boost, b18a or b18b(both the same) is a great motor to turbo, although it doesnt have vtec, its not going to cost as much and stock bottom ends can still handle a good bit of boost

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
btw, b18c is the gsr motor WITH vtec but it takes more to turbo

Lamonte219

ImA Computer Guy srry...
5+ Year Member
I New 2 This 1992 Honda Civic DX 4 Door

Hi Im also new to this, and would like to ask some of you guys for some help. i have a 1992 Honda Civic DX 4 Door, and I would really like to make it fast. and id appreciate it to hear your guys opinion on how to go about it. Thanks For The Help.

Link To pic Of My Car.
http://myspace-170.vo.llnwd.net/00314/07/16/314026170_l.jpg

My Contacts
Lamonte219@Gmail.com
MSN Messenger Handle:
Lamonte219@hotmail.com
Yahoo! Messenger Handle:
Lamonte219@Yahoo.com
AIM Screen Name:
Lamonte219

P.S. Im A Computer Guy Not A Car Guy, I KNow Nothing Of This