1994 civic ex coupe INTAKE help

hbbaboy

hello i have a 1994 civic ex coupe i am currenlty in auto mechanic school brand new to cars anyway just guna get straight to the point ok my friend in auto class gave me an intake for my car its around 100 or more at kragen but i got it for 20 bucks used everythings fine but i didnt have clamps so ok the question is
there is the stock rubber tube and i just put a filter on the end and took out the stock car filter
OR should i install the aluminum intake and filter and just spend more money for the clamps to seal the deal

dethseeker90

5+ Year Member
what kind of intake?
cai or short
if u already have the intake u might as well put it in. clamps r like 5 bucks
depending on the size of the intake u may also even be able to use a few clamps from stock intake.
just make sure you install it correctly.
and make sure u reset ecu.

1FastEX1994

^ROFLcopter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
umm....you wount have to reset your ECU. our civic's don't have MAF's.
so yeah, i'd sugget buying the clamps, or do like i did, just bolt a Cone filter to your throttle body, it works great.

hbbaboy

thank you for advice to dethseeker90 and 1fastex1994 like me i am excited so i took out the stock rubber intake and put aluminum intake with the filter picture here http://i48.tinypic.com/141721v.jpg then i used the plastic lock rope and then duck tape my moma said i spent to much money this week so next week 1st day of week monday im going to buy the clamps and it will be legit my friend says the duck tape will melt annd make the intake look ugly but i told him i can sandpaper man im to impatient really excited thanks for advice
in this picture i did the connections with rubber of old intake 3 inches rubber cut connect then duck tape http://i48.tinypic.com/141721v.jpg

hbbaboy

i bought the clamps its officially done im guna take a picture tomrow cuz its not sunny its night time right now ill show u a pic of the final project tomrow