1995 CIVIC 2dr WONT START

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
i have a 1995 civic . I was driving it for a few days and i put it on the street because i was driving my truck . I went to turn it on one day and it would not turn on. It cranks but wont turn over. I know enough about cars but i have no idea in this situation . I keep hearing about main relay . fuses and fuel pump. if a fuse which do i check . if fuel pump how do i check? NOTE: it ran fine and now wont start..

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would say main relay as well. there was some kind of defect in the solder they used and it cracks when the car sits in the heat for an extended period of time. pull it out and open it up. most of the time you can resolder it or you could just replace it if you want.

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
if its the main relay would that be the reason why the check engine light stays on as well because it was never on before this . and would the oil being black have anything to do with it ?( purchased car from auction . drove for a few days . was going to change oil but car wont start so paused on that)

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
ok i figured out what the problem was but im confused . the main relay fuse was under the dash so i look and there was no fuse there at all? so how was my car working before .. but there wasnt no fuse? and now i put a fuse and u can hear the pump and etc

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
maybe . a day before finding that fuses were gone . my neighbor in the front asked me if i wanted to sell it for 500 since it wont start and i started laughing so i think he did it .. FRIGGIN TWEEK UH

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe . a day before finding that fuses were gone . my neighbor in the front asked me if i wanted to sell it for 500 since it wont start and i started laughing so i think he did it .. FRIGGIN TWEEK UH
Time to throw a brick through his windshield and offer to buy his ride for 50 bucks

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would beat his A$$ all over the neighborhood. If he's bigger than you, get your buddies. That crap doesnt fly where i come from.