1995 civic LS is turning over but not firing

Socure

5+ Year Member
im guessing since there are no sparks in any of my plugs the reason is either the distributor, everything seems ok, i know that there is power going into both the points leading into the coil, im just wondering if the point leading from the coil to the cap should have voltage at all times, when the ignition is on, if not could it be my coil thats buggered? there is power going into it though, just not coming out... any information about how the dissy works wud really apreciated, cheers

FerioSquad53

5+ Year Member
did you test if there was spark? try a different dizzy! thats another way youll know if it is or not! Could be your ICM in the dizzy. Most issues ive had in the past if because of that. But make sure you actually test the spark.

Socure

5+ Year Member
hey thanks for the feedback, ill try to do those tests if i can find the right equipment, u guys are awsome.. my honda has been sitting outside for months cause i cant afford a mechanic atm, ill try diy these tests and that way i can not get ripped off when i need to spend the money.. there are no spark coming from my spark plugs ive tested that, and there is power going into the two terminals on the coil, just nothing on the pointy part that feeds power thru the cap to the rotor. im just unsure if there should be power there or not

RonJ

Banned
Do the tests in the top diagram and, if no problems are found, then test the coil as detailed in the lower diagram. Post your results.

Did you check whether the timing belt snapped?

Any CEL codes?

Does the fuel pump prime?

Socure

5+ Year Member
yeh my friend checked my belts for me, immaculate from wat he could see... im not sure wat CEL codes are or if my thingy is pumping.. im really pretty useless when it comes to cars.. ill have to do those tests abit later
i probably wont find time until next weekend /sigh

RonJ

Banned
For CEL codes, click the CEL link in my signature. The process can be done at home and is quite simple.

In a quiet place, if you turn the key to ON(II), you should hear a low humming noise for 2 seconds in the rear (gas tank). This is the fuel pump priming. Post whether or not you hear this noise.