1995 EK3 .... yeah, That's RIGHT!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just saw one of those climate controls for the first time the other day, not sure where, ebay maybe

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
so does that mean that what we are seeing is equal to a usdm 96-98 and in which case will the climate controls swap?
im not sure about the climate control... never seen that one before. it looks a lot more like the 99-00 climate control though so i doubt it.

chartinael

5+ Year Member
Well, my little EK3 is younger than that

The car you posted has

Whereas mine has

Mine was manufactured in 10/95 if I remember correctly ... that would put this particular Ek3 around 8/10 I'd say.

kristin

turboej7

Garage 808, tuning the NW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So this site just exports the car... you still have to licence everything im guessing?

Im guessing like shifitng adjustment like they had on the early model ford probes... adjusts the style of shifting... hell i dont know?

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
No, it's the first run of the 1996's. It was produced in October of 1995. So it's a 1995 1/2 .... kinda like the jettas, how there were MKIII's and MKIV's in 99.
That still makes it a full fledged 1996, that's how car companies release their new vehicles.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Silver-Shooter said:
in japan the cars are always launched before they come here. the first model year for the newest civics was 00 not 01 like it is here.
They don't directly use the date of manufacture as the year of the car. It's just part of the first production runs of the 1996 year model Civics. Car companies have been doing this for years everywhere.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
:what: this thread has me all confused. so japan's 6g's started in 1995?
they are always one year ahead of us, pretty much.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
here is what's confusing most ppl... the way car model years are determined.

IN THE UNITED STATES, model years are weird. they are done by production run and spesc. a car MADE and RELEASED in 1995 wil be a 1996 model.

IN JAPAN and MOST OTHER COUNTRIES, it is by fiscal tax year. it depends on when you purchase a vehicle. when i got the xsara back in chile, it was in sept 2002 right after the fiscal year ended... so my car was titled as a 2003 model.

chartinael

5+ Year Member
yep, that's how it is ... my car was produced in 95 and first registered on 26th Jan 96 ... it is a 96 model but it still would have been a 96 model even if it had been bought in october 95 ...

kristin

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if i would've registered the xsara a month before i did, it would've been a 2002 model rather than a 2003