1996 civic d16z6 p2p ecu HELP.

noeljay

5+ Year Member
hi i bought a 1996 civic hatchback with a d16z6 and a p2p ecu. theres no vtec cause someone told me i need a p28, now when i go and buy the p28 is it going to just plug right in? i know the vtec wont cause its not wired yet.

heres my question:

what all do i need,what is the right wire harness and ecu for this motor and chassis combo. do i need a wire harness conversion or anything extra?

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have a p2p, theres gunna be a cel. the p2p is an obd2 vtec ecu from a d16y8. the y8 ecu looks for knock sensor, vtec pressure and other s**t. just run the wires from the sensors to the ecu

SiBlue_EK

save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
hi i bought a 1996 civic hatchback with a d16z6 and a p2p ecu. theres no vtec cause someone told me i need a p28, now when i go and buy the p28 is it going to just plug right in? i know the vtec wont cause its not wired yet.

heres my question:

what all do i need,what is the right wire harness and ecu for this motor and chassis combo. do i need a wire harness conversion or anything extra?

You will need the p28 ecu and also a conversion harness to convert to obd1. I believe your car is using obd2a right now.

As far as VTAK goes, you will need to find the ECU pin out for the VTAK solenoid and the VTAK pressure switch.

This can be easily plug and play if you get yourself an EX wiring harness

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn, if only you had a p30, id trade you for the p28 i have...