1996 Civic Dx Automatic

gqthug

5+ Year Member
alright soo i have a 96 civic dx and my sohc d16y7 motor is close to dying 300KM soo i was looking into motor swaps soo i called jdm store and they told me that the only motor swap i could do is the sohc series with an automatic transmission :???: but i have seen a couple of buddys that have an dohc motor and auto tranny
soo are they just talking s**t or what what motor do you guys suggest for $2000 .max i need more power into my civic but NO im not interested in swapping my transmission its a shared car so ii need help??!!!!!
AND WHAT TYPE OF MOTOR SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR OBD1 OR OBD2

---
PROBLEM
Stupid Engine Light
okay my engine light comes on and stays on soon as i start the car i dont think its a big problem cause i read before that that model and year that it was a standard problem with the car any of you know how to fix this

sqeeking brakes
When i push my brakes sometimes it sqeeks ... i have brake fluid just did brakes on my car but i dont know if its the back brakes that sqeeking i dont know

NEED HELP FAST:?:

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
get a swap a manual, and tell whoever else is driving to get used to it, or buy their own car

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
auto tranny FTL. learn to drive stick its not that hard. i cant stand driving automatics.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I dont mind driving autos, but driving auto Civics licks nuts.

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I mean seriously, what would a thug even do in canada? Bang on a moose? Is it stylish for a canadian thug to kill one of those mountees?

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright soo i have a 96 civic dx and my sohc d16y7 motor is close to dying 300KM soo i was looking into motor swaps soo i called jdm store and they told me that the only motor swap i could do is the sohc series with an automatic transmission :???: but i have seen a couple of buddys that have an dohc motor and auto tranny
soo are they just talking s**t or what what motor do you guys suggest for $2000 .max i need more power into my civic but NO im not interested in swapping my transmission its a shared car so ii need help??!!!!!
AND WHAT TYPE OF MOTOR SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR OBD1 OR OBD2

---
PROBLEM
Stupid Engine Light
okay my engine light comes on and stays on soon as i start the car i dont think its a big problem cause i read before that that model and year that it was a standard problem with the car any of you know how to fix this

sqeeking brakes
When i push my brakes sometimes it sqeeks ... i have brake fluid just did brakes on my car but i dont know if its the back brakes that sqeeking i dont know

NEED HELP FAST:?:
your breaks are squeeking bc you glazed them. you got them to hot when you first put them on it should go away after a few hundred miles if you use them correctly. Also there is no reason at all to waste money on a auto b series swap. the point of your car is to get good gas mileage and when you get a b series engine im almost 100% sure your gonna abuse it. i wouldnt waste your money u would be better off gettin another d16y8 and throw it in there for around 600 for the motor and if you can do the labor yourself that would save you s**t tons.