1998 civic CX A/C help

EgCivicKid

Ok I've been searching for almost 2 hours and can only find EG ac installation or forums that ac already came with it. I bought my Civic CX without A/C and I swear this thing is a heat box. With windows down and driving it's like 80 degrees. Can someone tell me if I already have the under dash the stuff and I just need the compressor and etc? Or do I need everything. I can't figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think if you look somewhere around below the battery and the heater core on the engine side of the firewall, you would see a big oval where the lines would run into the cabin. On my 95 DX, where I removed the A/C core, it just left a giant hole, you may have a rubber plug over it. You could pop it off and it should be pretty obvious, there's either going to be two connections there, or it's going to be pretty dark (In which case, the answer is no)

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You need the whole system including the blower box with the ac evaporator in it. You will also need to find a consul with the ac switch and controls. You could probably find the whole set up at a junk yard. Remember to replace the decicate bag when installing. Good luck

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need everything, including the controls for it.

EgCivicKid

But my console has then? They just have block off plates. And I can push the button and the light turns on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk