2000 civic si proportion valve help

b202000

5+ Year Member
Im going to put a 99 integra ls rear disc brakes on my 2000 civic dx and i have bought a proportion valve from someone on ebay. They said it was from a 2000 civic si that was non abs. My question is how can I tell if it is a si valve or not. It dosen't say 40/40 or anything like that all it has on it is N4cE on the front and then on the side it has 5 L 6. Thanks for the help.

khrys771

5+ Year Member
i thought you didnt have to change the prop valve on the dx. i heard the dx and the si had the same part number from honda.

b202000

5+ Year Member
Im not for sure if you do or not i know that a dx has drum brakes so i figured i needed to change it to an si one

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im pretty sure if you have rear drums STOCK, you should def change your prop valve, regardless of what people say. its a brake component and when it comes to brakes dont skimp out. whats another week or two without swaping them untill you can save for the prop valve. def buy a new one. i would also change the bushings in them while you have them out cause its a b***h to do when you have the trailing arm installed

thyzie

5+ Year Member
it doenst have to be a si proportion valve , u can use a 96 and up ex proportion valve , no dx proportion valve...

b202000

5+ Year Member
Okay I will change it then. I thought that also due to the stock drum brakes. Okay so I already bought a prop. valve. I got it off ebay and the guy that sold it to me said it was non abs and it was from a 2000 si. so how can I tell if it is a si valve or not. I've got plans to put new bushing in and put new rotors,caliper and ebc pads. Im not ready to buy these things yet im just getting the stuff I need. Im getting the car painted and still need a itr tranny so i will be doing these simple upgrades while saving for the tranny. Another question I have, is the rear disc brakes I have are from a 99 integra ls with abs will that affect the brakes without using the abs. Thanks for the help

b202000

5+ Year Member
I still cant find anything on the numbers. I dont want to change this out if its not an si valve. Thamks