2001 Civic ex D17a2 WONT START HELP!!!

Nameyga

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So one day I parked my car, had very little fuel, and it never started again. The starter works took it out and looked it at and started it.

I dont know where the fuel filter is for this car.

PLEASE HELP

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
would it be in the same place as a coupe?

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nameyga said:
So one day I parked my car, had very little fuel, and it never started again. The starter works took it out and looked it at and started it.

I dont know where the fuel filter is for this car.

PLEASE HELP
Why dont you put maybe a gallon of gas in it, check the fuel pump make sure its working and try starting it?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Mind telling us more about your problem?

spdyslvrex

That guy that is here
5+ Year Member
Yes the fuel filter, pump and the whole friggin assembly is in the same spot. Under the rear seat. Mine did the same thing, sorta, except it died while I was driving down the road. It ended up being a wire under the dash grounding out to the car itself which blew some compnent I'd never even heard of, cost me well over $600.

Is the engine turning over but wont crank? In this case it could be anything fuel related or like what happened to me, an electrical prob which is something that an expert would have to find.

or when you turn the key you get nothing at all? In this case it wouldnt be fuel related.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah i remember turning the key too fast awhile ago and i got a CEL, i guess that was for misfire, but started right up the 2nd time. I reset the ECU andthe CEL never came back on.

honda_power

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes the fuel filter, pump and the whole friggin assembly is in the same spot. Under the rear seat. Mine did the same thing, sorta, except it died while I was driving down the road. It ended up being a wire under the dash grounding out to the car itself which blew some compnent I'd never even heard of, cost me well over $600.

Is the engine turning over but wont crank? In this case it could be anything fuel related or like what happened to me, an electrical prob which is something that an expert would have to find.

or when you turn the key you get nothing at all? In this case it wouldnt be fuel related.
so the fuel filter on a 03 civic would be under the back seat too? wtf?

CenZ

5+ Year Member
wanna know how you can tell if its your fuel pump. turn the key to "on" if you hear a click and then a motor running type of sound behind you its your fuel pump. i just think your out of gas lol.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where is the fuel filter in an 03 si?
start a new thread for that

but i know this is bad but spray somestarter fluid into the TB and try to start it. if it starts or atleast almost starts..then its fuel related for sure...

just a hint..add gas to the car!